JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Not medically cleared to TTC ... *cries* (xposted in ttc #1) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2656357-not-medically-cleared-to-ttc-cries-xposted-ttc-1-a.html)

plan4fate June 5th, 2013 01:37 PM

Not medically cleared to TTC ... *cries* (xposted in ttc #1)

Dr office just called.. they're fast.

TSH = 11

It needs to be no higher than 5 for him to recommend ttc.. ideally under 3. Upping the meds, repeat blooddraw in 8 weeks just like last time.

We CAN ttc.. he just can't recommend it at this point.

I told him when I saw him I had been on 100mcg of synthyroid for years to keep me at 4, sometimes as much as 125mcg. He put me on 50mcg saying it'd be enough.

Well obviously it's not. And he's only bumping it to 75mcg... so likely in 8 weeks it'll be adjusted up again.

I guess it's good DH will likely be gone my next 2 cycles.. guess I'll stop planning my July 4th trip to see him (I'll be Oing).

esparando para bebé June 6th, 2013 06:57 AM

Re: Not medically cleared to TTC ... *cries* (xposted in ttc #1)

*hugs* Why would he give you less than you had been taking? :(

*JenJen* June 6th, 2013 07:15 AM

*hugs* I'm sorry Ashley. Can you insist on a blood draw in 4 weeks instead of 8 to see how your levels are?

Sunrise June 6th, 2013 07:55 AM

Hi ash, I have been newly diagnosed with hypothyroid and my RE checks labs every week! Also, are you taking synthroid or generic? My re said is does make a difference. And, are you taking it on a totally empty stomach then not putting anything else in your stomach for another hour? Apparently absorption of the drug is highly affected with food/drink/other supplements.

Good luck. Pls keep us posted!

geogeek June 6th, 2013 08:31 AM

I swore I replied...I am so mad at your doctor. I wish that he would just listen. I also get my thyroid checked every 4 weeks. I don't understand the 8 week wait. That is ridiculous. I hope that your levels get sorted out quickly and you get to TTC soon.

plan4fate June 6th, 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy_of_7_Angels (Post 27426042)
*hugs* Why would he give you less than you had been taking? :(

Because he's an idiot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by *JenJen* (Post 27426102)
*hugs* I'm sorry Ashley. Can you insist on a blood draw in 4 weeks instead of 8 to see how your levels are?

We might be taking Reme to the zoo in a month.. if we do, I'll book an appointment in Milwaukee and get it done myself. Cheaper... $100 here, $50 there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunrise (Post 27426230)
Hi ash, I have been newly diagnosed with hypothyroid and my RE checks labs every week! Also, are you taking synthroid or generic? My re said is does make a difference. And, are you taking it on a totally empty stomach then not putting anything else in your stomach for another hour? Apparently absorption of the drug is highly affected with food/drink/other supplements.

Good luck. Pls keep us posted!

Levothyroxine. Synthyroid is rather expensive I'm told (the pharmacist told me likely 3x the price).

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogeek (Post 27426390)
I swore I replied...I am so mad at your doctor. I wish that he would just listen. I also get my thyroid checked every 4 weeks. I don't understand the 8 week wait. That is ridiculous. I hope that your levels get sorted out quickly and you get to TTC soon.

It's possibly done because this is all out of pocket. But I've never had Labs done even 8 weeks apart.. it's always been 12 or more. Once it's stable, I can pretty much tell you when I need labs done rather easily, because I'll have symptoms start to come back (fat neck comes first, then sleepiness). I've gone as long as 12 months between draws on more than one occasion and had the numbers be the same with no returned symptoms. I spent 4 of the 13 years on the exact same dose with no adjustment all. 100mcg...

DH isn't even here. He has at least another month down there.. that takes us through my next 2 O's. Next blood draw is about the same time as my O after that. We are waiting on word of a new job for him.. which would keep him away for 4-6m, but I'd be going down there. And we'd have insurance, good insurance. The OB is really annoyed we are uninsured... but I haven't told him I don't plan on using his services unless I have to once I'm pregnant anyway...

Sunrise June 6th, 2013 07:32 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you're on hold. Hang in there, your rainbow is on it's way.

Happy Song June 17th, 2013 09:57 AM

I am so sorry that things are dragging out for you. I hope you can get everything squared away soon.

plan4fate June 17th, 2013 01:13 PM

Well I'm ignoring him and we will likely TTC in July. Dh got a job that's much closer to home, so We will try and give it a go for July and see what happens.

ZoeChloeMommy June 17th, 2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan4fate (Post 27454743)
Well I'm ignoring him and we will likely TTC in July. Dh got a job that's much closer to home, so We will try and give it a go for July and see what happens.

:-)

plan4fate June 19th, 2013 03:34 PM

Yup, 100% on for July. I may have to make two trips down to make it happen, and will fret and panic over the missed TTC days.. but it's game on.

I'll be buying stevia tomorrow and making sweet tea out of the fertilitea. Opks and as much nookie as I can squeeze in. I'm spotting now, which means AF should be here today, tomorrow or friday (she has a mind of her own).

But bring it on baby. I want to bring home a March baby dang it (with a real possibility of it being born in April LOL).

*JenJen* June 19th, 2013 03:44 PM

fingers crossed for you!