JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   TMI/graphic third loss- just venting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2659416-tmi-graphic-third-loss-just-venting.html)

MelChicago June 17th, 2013 07:40 PM

TMI/graphic third loss- just venting

So, third loss- not exactly super new news. I got a bfp in early April, but knew by the third week in April that it was a blighted ovum. Four doses of cytotec didn't work to pass the tissue, so my OB did an endometrial biopsy a few weeks ago to basically stab it and burst the sac. Felt kind of barbaric, but by that point I was just like, whatever. Let's get this over with.

On Thursday June 6 I had my HCG tested to see where we were- just over 200, which was good news. A significant drop from a few weeks before (it was over 6000 then), so my body finally got the message that it needed to move on. My OB said my period would start the following week- and actually, the following day my bleeding picked up and by last Tuesday 6/11 it was very heavy period bleeding.

Just today, nearly TWO FULL MONTHS after learning it was a non-viable pregnancy, did I pass tissue. I'm pretty sure it was placenta. I cannot believe this has been dragging on this long.

plan4fate June 17th, 2013 09:05 PM

Re: TMI/graphic third loss- just venting

*hugs*

I don't know how you did it Mel. I'd have been screaming for a D&C by the 3rd week!

MelChicago June 17th, 2013 09:45 PM

I feel like I should have. But I just never really knew what was going on. I assumed the cytotec would work... and then kept waiting... and then assumed it would work again when I tried it two weeks later... and then kept waiting... and then my doctor was sure the biopsy worked since she said the lab found immature fetal cells... and I didn't know I'd still have tissue hanging out in there. It's insane. I've been REALLY busy at work for the past few months, which has helped in a way. I guess I've just been tuning it out.

esparando para bebé June 18th, 2013 08:10 AM

:cry: :dothug:

Sunrise June 18th, 2013 08:20 AM

TMI**** My B.O. was larger than I expected as well. I had so much bleeding. I'm sorry it took so long. I'm glad things are finally moving along. You're a strong woman Mel.

Happy Song June 19th, 2013 07:45 AM

I am so so very sorry, and these things can drag out forever too. One on the girls in my Oct 06 or took 6 months to clear her hgc.

ZoePaigesMommy June 19th, 2013 09:03 AM

Sorry things took so long.

*JenJen* June 19th, 2013 03:46 PM

*hugs*

Servilia June 19th, 2013 10:07 PM

I'm so sorry, hugs. I'm surprised your doc took that route though. She put you at risk of serious infection by letting you wait it out.

Leffew June 25th, 2013 08:25 AM

Just hugs. :( So incredibly frustrating.