JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   I never thought I'd be here. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2666228-i-never-thought-id-here.html)

arngwifey July 17th, 2013 08:40 AM

I never thought I'd be here.

I am just now going through my second miscarriage in 2 1/2 months. I got pregnant the end of May and lost the baby June 7th, ended up pregnant again right after which I thought would mean I had my rainbow baby and my tests just turned negative, waiting on my official beta now.

What sort of tests can I have ran to see if they can find a reason for the losses?? I don't understand why this is happening now.

geogeek July 17th, 2013 01:43 PM

Re: I never thought I'd be here.

I am so so sorry for your losses. You could do a hormone level check, the CD 3, 21 blood draws. You might want to get a blood clotting factor test done as well. :dothug:

arngwifey July 17th, 2013 02:21 PM

Is it possible to develop a new clotting disorder after having 4 live births?

plan4fate July 17th, 2013 05:21 PM

*hugs*

I don't know an answer to that most recent question. But I'm very sorry for your loss. Most doctors have a set recurrent loss panel they can run, it contains all the tests Rachel mentioned.

sharilyn July 17th, 2013 06:46 PM

I'm so sorry you are going thru this. In my expirience, even tho my losses were much later than 'normal' they wouldn't do tests until I had had 3 losses in a row. Insurance wouldnt cover the tests so the drs don't do them. Plus they say that losses are so 'common' I hate how they word things... They are our babies, not numbers.
As far as a blood clotting disorder showing up after having normal births and no history- yes! It can happen at anytime.

arngwifey July 20th, 2013 08:02 PM

My OB is being really amazing. She said that she will run the panels for me. That since I had two so close together after having 4 normal/healthy pregnancies that she would want to find out now and see if we can do something.

But, I don't know now if I want to try again. This miscarriage hurts more physically than the last one but I'm still grieving the first one and emotionally I don't think I can handle another one.

geogeek July 20th, 2013 09:11 PM

Loss is so hard on so many levels. I hope that you get answers and peace whether you TTC again or not.

plan4fate July 22nd, 2013 04:35 PM

*hugs*

I know that pain all too well... I'm sitting here now instead of packing for a move wondering can I do it again.

However, knowing WHY might be good... not just for your own peace of mind.. but several clotting disorders are inherited.. and it might be something your kids should know for their futures too.

*HUGS*

Happy Song July 25th, 2013 09:33 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I had three losses in six month then had Beau and Tessa, then a second term loss. As for trying again depends on if feel your family is complete. My rainbow babies are worth every tear.

As for issues after four perfect pregnancies, it happens seriously my three losses my official diagnoses was bad luck. My loses were a blighted ovum, fetal demise, chemical. Any way I think that chemical pregnancies are considered a near pregnancy and dismissed by doctorS.