JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   TSH levels are in.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2667889-tsh-levels.html)

plan4fate July 25th, 2013 10:15 AM

TSH levels are in....

5. something.. I was mostly asleep when she called. So still not "normal" and not "ideal" but I have Dr's approval to ttc (not that I was going to listen to him anyway)... so my thyroid was not responsible for Joy's loss.

Upping the dose (to .88.. I've never heard of such a thing).Redraw when I run out of meds in 8-10 weeks... and hopefully by then I'll have a new OB who's a bit more proactive (and maybe some insurance to go with it)

geogeek July 25th, 2013 10:32 AM

Re: TSH levels are in....

I am glad that your levels are getting better and that they are upping your dose to help out the level more. I hope that you get your sticky BFP soon.

ZoePaigesMommy July 25th, 2013 11:16 AM

Yey for better levels :-)!

plan4fate July 25th, 2013 12:17 PM

At least the upped dose should give me at least another 5lbs lost. I'm not starting it until my current is gone.. so in 2 weeks.

Sunrise July 27th, 2013 08:03 PM

Great job.
I know I'd mentioned before, but try to take meds in the morning and not eat or drink anything for one hour after. For me, this keeps my levels from 2 to 0.7
also my RE says that for TTC optimal levels are 0.5-2
What happened to me was that as soon as the tiniest amount of hcg was flowing through my system, the tsh doubled.

Best of luck getting this last tiny bit of tsh down!

plan4fate July 27th, 2013 10:36 PM

Thanks hun.

The issue with me is.. I take too many supplements in the day.. and I don't get up at the same time. So While I might get up at 9am Monday, I may not get up until 2pm Tuesday. And I had to switch my Prilosec to evening (it's designed to be taking in the morning) because it interferes with the absorption of the levothyroxine. And my reflux is bad.. I use bananas and slimfast to sleep. I can't set the alarm to wake up and take the thyroid med, because I'd need to eat or drink milk/slimfast to calm the burn to go back to sleep :(

My Ob consulted with a college with my supplement list and they've outlined which ones I can take in the morning with the levothyroxine (cranberry, Vit D, CO-Q10 and EPO) and which ones I take at night (B12, B6, Prenatal, prilosec, Folate, Apsirin and EPO again. Rule of thumb is, if it comes in the prenatal and is in tablet form, it gets taken at night with the prenatal)...

My pregnancies don't even last long enough for me to call the OB for a dang Beta at this point :( I'm not entirely sure he'd give me one anyway.