JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Af after a loss? Also, a few questions. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2671912-af-after-loss-also-few-questions.html)

pixie23 August 12th, 2013 05:53 PM

Af after a loss? Also, a few questions.

I am currently grieving and recovery my 3rd pregnancy loss. When should I suspect Af will come? I just wish she would hurry up so I can move forward. :( When should I suspect my body to ovulate? Should I buy ovulation test to see if I body will ovulate? or what?

I was feeling fine today, bleeding stopped and cramps stopped. Well, my partner and I had emotional connection and it lead to sex. I know, I know... Glady, he did wear a condom. It didn't last long because sex wasn't comfortable and then the cramps came back and now slight bleeding. We are now worried that we might have did harm to my body, since my body is recovering from my recent loss. I am currently taking antibiotics that the Doctor gave me to prevent infection. Did I just harm my body? My partner and I decided to wait a few weeks before we have sex and then let nature takes it's course before we try again.

geogeek August 13th, 2013 02:49 PM

Re: Af after a loss? Also, a few questions.

I am so sorry for your loss. Each person is different with when AF starts after a loss. Your hCG levels need to be under either 8 or 5 for your body to ovulate as well. I do not think that you having sex harmed your body, especially since he wore a condom. :dothug:

JaeSung August 14th, 2013 06:49 AM

If you waited less time than you should, there could be infection caused by it. How far along were you. Up to four months, wait two weeks, one site says. That's how long I was told to wait.

plan4fate August 14th, 2013 01:00 PM

My AF's come like clockwork after my losses, but I don't get further than 4w these days. We do abstain from all contact until all bleeding stops, but we don't wait two weeks because I'd have to skip trying the next cycle.

When I lost my boys in 05 I needed the surgery to complete the loss. It was August 24th, I bled for 6 days. I didn't see a real AF until November, my HCG hit 5 on Sept 14th.

pixie23 August 14th, 2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaeSung (Post 27585898)
If you waited less time than you should, there could be infection caused by it. How far along were you. Up to four months, wait two weeks, one site says. That's how long I was told to wait.

I was 9 weeks and 4 days.

lelila August 14th, 2013 01:56 PM

My OB told me nothing in and up there until all bleeding stops. Af will show when your hormone levels drop. There's no set answer. Sorry hun. I wish there was an on and off button, but we just had to wait.

I hope in the meantime, you find some peace and tranquility.

JaeSung August 16th, 2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixie23 (Post 27587030)
I was 9 weeks and 4 days.

Then it's recommended to wait two weeks. How long did you wait?