JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Having a hard time (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2694320-having-hard-time.html)

HeartHelloKitty November 23rd, 2013 05:28 PM

Having a hard time

I was a regular poster on JM for a while but took a break while ttc #2 because I was driving myself crazy thinking about it after almost a year. I got a bfp and after spotting on and off for weeks, I asked for a viability scan at 9 weeks in May. We found that growth had stopped at 6 weeks, which is the same thing that happened with the pregnancy before my DD was born. The midwife prescribed misoprostol which I took without much effect other than a day of heavy bleeding. After months of bleeding on and off and positive pregnancy tests, the midwife sent me to one of the OBs at the practice. After doing a series of betas in October that showed my hcg was going up and down, I finally had a D&C in the middle of October. Having it drag on so long was really hard on me emotionally but after the D&C I was finally doing better. I'm in my 2nd cycle on birth control because the dr wanted us to wait 3 cycles before ttc. I logged into lilypie the other night to make a WTTC ticker and found my old pregnancy ticker. It made me realize I was due in just 3 weeks and now I'm feeling upset all over again. I'm going back and forth about ttc because I honestly don't know if I, and my family, can handle another year like this one.

ZoeChloeMommy November 26th, 2013 10:43 AM

:dothug: I'm sorry the miscarriage took so long to complete. TTC after multiple losses is difficult.

plan4fate November 26th, 2013 05:54 PM

Re: Having a hard time

*hugs*

I would be pissed with your doctor about that. You're supposed to have hcg monitoring with any medicated loss... If you do ttc again, I'd choose a new doctor.

HeartHelloKitty November 26th, 2013 07:24 PM

Yeah, this whole experience was a disaster. I went with a midwives office this time and I liked the midwives and the ob I ended up with but their record keeping and office staff were awful. The next 2 visits after the missed miscarriage was diagnosed, I had to tell them I was miscarrying because it wasn't in my file. They didn't have a record of prescribing the misoprostol. They cancelled an appointment while I sat in the waiting room for an hour because someone marked me as a no show even though I was signed in. Lost bloodwork so I had to repeat it. It was just one thing after another. I won't be going back there again.

ZoeChloeMommy November 26th, 2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartHelloKitty (Post 27824565)
Yeah, this whole experience was a disaster. I went with a midwives office this time and I liked the midwives and the ob I ended up with but their record keeping and office staff were awful. The next 2 visits after the missed miscarriage was diagnosed, I had to tell them I was miscarrying because it wasn't in my file. They didn't have a record of prescribing the misoprostol. They cancelled an appointment while I sat in the waiting room for an hour because someone marked me as a no show even though I was signed in. Lost bloodwork so I had to repeat it. It was just one thing after another. I won't be going back there again.

Wow! Talk about making a horrible situation worse :(