JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Possibly pregnant 11/2 month after methotrexate inj (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2696037-possibly-pregnant-11-2-month-after-methotrexate-inj.html)

Paulysmommy1212 December 3rd, 2013 12:47 PM

Possibly pregnant 11/2 month after methotrexate inj

I was given a dose of methotrexate in early October for suspected ectopic due to slow rising levels.. My last hcg test was 3 weeks ago and they were 41 I bought an ovulation predictor which said I ovulated on or around November 18 and yes me and my partner had sex. Now today not even 2 weeks later I took a pregnancy test with a faint pink line. Could it be leftover hormone? Would I have hcg in my system if I ovulated? If I am pregnant could my baby have birth defects? Has anyone gotten pregnant soon after methotrexate injection?
:confused:

ZoeChloeMommy December 3rd, 2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulysmommy1212 (Post 27834909)
I was given a dose of methotrexate in early October for suspected ectopic due to slow rising levels.. My last hcg test was 3 weeks ago and they were 41 I bought an ovulation predictor which said I ovulated on or around November 18 and yes me and my partner had sex. Now today not even 2 weeks later I took a pregnancy test with a faint pink line. Could it be leftover hormone? Would I have hcg in my system if I ovulated? If I am pregnant could my baby have birth defects? Has anyone gotten pregnant soon after methotrexate injection?
:confused:

Your levels were never tested again after they came back at a 41? I would give your Dr a call & ask for an ultrasound to know for sure what is going on.

Paulysmommy1212 December 3rd, 2013 06:18 PM

Re: Possibly pregnant 11/2 month after methotrexate inj

No I bought a home ovulation kit cause I figured I would go down to 0 soon after .. I was getting enormous bills for all the doctor visits so that is why I stopped after the last blood work a few weeks ago .. An ultra sound wouldn't see anything yet but I guess I will have no choice but to get he levels check again. Just wants to know if anyone has been through anything like this

ZoeChloeMommy December 3rd, 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulysmommy1212 (Post 27835671)
No I bought a home ovulation kit cause I figured I would go down to 0 soon after .. I was getting enormous bills for all the doctor visits so that is why I stopped after the last blood work a few weeks ago .. An ultra sound wouldn't see anything yet but I guess I will have no choice but to get he levels check again. Just wants to know if anyone has been through anything like this

Unless its left over from the previous pregnancy. Good luck.

plan4fate December 4th, 2013 05:00 AM

You need to get in touch with your doctor asap. methotrexate depletes your folic acid, and you aren't supposed to ttc for 3+ months. You'll need to be seen asap to see if it is a new pregnancy or left over hormone from the loss.

Paulysmommy1212 December 4th, 2013 08:01 PM

I know :/ I'm waiting one more week but take vitamins and folic acid in meantime .. I have a feeling it's leftover hormone that doesn't want to leave my body! Because there is a faint pink Lin but clear blue says not pregnant .. I just have a feeling I am not

*JenJen* December 5th, 2013 08:42 AM

You should be preventing for a minimum of 3 months, preferably at least 6 months post methotrexate to allow your body to heal and be able to safely carry a pregnancy. Your doctor should be sending you for lab tests every week to two weeks until your HCG level reaches zero and maintains zero status for two weeks as well.

You NEED to go see your doctor asap.

Paulysmommy1212 December 5th, 2013 02:48 PM

I had my bloodwork this morning patiently waiting tomorrow appt at 10 am thank you ! and I have heard waiting three months tops but I have also learned that mehtotrexate is out of your system in a week anyway my doctor is crap and give me little to no information,, unfortunately that is what crappy insurance gets you .. Thank you for your responses ladies!

Paulysmommy1212 December 6th, 2013 08:17 AM

Well today my levels are 31 which is even more strange to me .. Has anyone had levels go down only 10 .. In weeks?!! Guess it's more blood work for me ..

ZoeChloeMommy December 8th, 2013 10:43 PM

Never did blood work afterwards.

plan4fate December 16th, 2013 09:27 AM

It didn't take my levels long to come down after my twins, but I do know women who've had it take months and months to get them down to 0.

Paulysmommy1212 January 6th, 2014 08:47 PM

Hey guys I just found out that I am newly pregnant wish me luck I see the doctor on Thursday I am 41/2 weeks