JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/)
-   -   i forgot to mention (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/2634740-i-forgot-to-mention.html)

jensma March 14th, 2013 10:49 AM

i forgot to mention

1, i set up my NT scan for the last possible day i can get in....3/25. didn't want to turn down another chance to see baby. and 2, i have anterior placenta so i am thoroughly bummed about that!!

kimberlyw March 14th, 2013 10:57 AM

Re: i forgot to mention

Bummer about the placenta - but you will still be able to feel baby;) YAY for getting the NT scan though - it is always nice to get to see baby:)

321abc March 14th, 2013 11:24 AM

I have an anterior placenta as well :(
I was feeling tons of movement by 15 weeks with my first pregnancy but I'm only feeling some every now and then with this one at 15. I think it just takes a little bit longer, I'm sure we will still feel our little ones quite a bit!

Revilonivek March 14th, 2013 11:59 AM

I have an anterior placenta too. That's okay. We'll be feeling alot more of our babies's kicks before long anyway. Glad u were able to take another peek of the baby. Love those times.

Anitha March 14th, 2013 12:06 PM

How nice that you get to see baby again :) About the anterior placenta I agree with the ladies, you will still feel baby, just give it an extra few weeks :)

Keakie March 14th, 2013 12:52 PM

That stinks about your placenta, but I'm glad that you'll be able to see your little one in a few short weeks!

kelbert March 14th, 2013 02:28 PM

I have an anterior placenta too.. the tech didn't mention it, just typed it on the screen. I didn't know it was a negative thing :(

SaraSara March 14th, 2013 02:35 PM

Its not really a BAD thing, it just means you are less likely to feel the baby move untill a littler further along then ladies with a posterior placenta. As long as its not placenta previa, its not a medical concern.

jensma March 14th, 2013 07:30 PM

No its not bad thing but it just takes longer to feel baby. i had it with my first baby and i was 20ish weeks before i feel him and i felt like i missed out on a lot of kicks and pokes because i seriously couldn't feel him anywhere but very low and on the sides. :( My second baby my placenta was posterior and i swear by the end i was feeling her breathe. :p My dr mentioned it might be part of the reason why we weren't finding the baby easily and sure enough that was the case on top of the position of my uterus. i just have experience on both sides and since this is our last baby, i was a little sad...

mommy2lilmen March 14th, 2013 11:57 PM

Yay for another ultrasound and sucks about the placenta. I had that with baby #6 and it confused me as they didn't tell me till 5 months along. This baby I don't know yet

MyFantasticFour March 15th, 2013 08:17 AM

i am still bummed about my anterior placenta but the way the tech described it it is much thicker being anterior and the baby is a lot more protected that way!

*On Forum Runner until my JM name is fixed*

kelbert March 15th, 2013 08:26 AM

Ok good.. glad its not a bad thing. But that stinks about feeling movement! I wish someone at the office would have mentioned this. Oh well.. thats what you guys are for :(