JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Looking awful (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/2638655-looking-awful.html)

felicia_alexis March 28th, 2013 12:21 PM

Looking awful

So I was taking a picture with my youngest this morning and realized how awful look. My skin is all broke out and my hair is flat and wont do anything. What happened to me lol.

Anitha March 28th, 2013 12:26 PM

Re: Looking awful

:hug: don't worry...pregnancy does all kinds of things to us. Can you get a little me time to get your hair done at the salon, sort of like a pick me up? I looked frumpy and downright ugly and my self esteem got so low during my last pregnancy. I wish I had pampered myself. But after the baby was born, DH gave me a spa day gift!! I loved it. Also I am sure in others eyes you still look great. We are always so hard on ourselves :hug:

felicia_alexis March 28th, 2013 01:02 PM

I need to go get my hair done. It obviously needs color which makes it look that much worse. I need to go get something done lol

kimberlyw March 28th, 2013 02:43 PM

I am having the same problems - these hormones are wrecking my skin! I am just hoping that in the second trimester things even out a little and I start looking a little better;)

Dolly Lama March 28th, 2013 03:02 PM

Same here - breakouts, flat, greasy hair, puffy face. I feel cheated out of my pregnant woman glow! :D

felicia_alexis March 28th, 2013 07:14 PM

I hate it. I want to look normal again. Well as normal as I can look pregnant lol

Keakie March 29th, 2013 06:35 AM

Right there with you, mama. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolly Lama (Post 27238907)
Same here - breakouts, flat, greasy hair, puffy face. I feel cheated out of my pregnant woman glow! :D

This! All I have is skin that makes me feel like I'm going through puberty all over again. Where is this glow I've heard so much about?

Maenfayne March 29th, 2013 06:54 AM

I feel you ladies! I didn't even have this hard a time going through puberty! Jake tells me I'm beautiful and I just scoff at him lol

MyFantasticFour March 29th, 2013 07:20 AM

I'm having trouble with cystic acne. I am all about self-esteem and being confident and all that jazz...but seriously, I can't even look in a mirror. :(

MandersM March 29th, 2013 07:39 AM

I'm right there with you ladies....i feel like a teenager again with all these breakouts. And they are the giant inside ones that last for weeks and are sooooo sore!
My hair is finally getting back to normal, I just can't wait for my skin to do the same.
And the dark circles under my eyes are def way worst then they were before.
I def don't feel the best about myself :(

felicia_alexis March 29th, 2013 07:44 AM

I think we all need a spa day lol

rebecca0217 March 29th, 2013 11:04 AM

A spa day sounds divine. My skin is breaking out too and my hair is just blah. And being in between most of my clothes (as in most of my normal clothes are too tight and most of my pg clothes are tents) sucks. I have like 4 outfits I can wear comfortably. On top of it I am tired today and have no energy. I need to accomplish SOMETHING to make me feel better but I just don't want to do anything!! Ugh. Pg hormones can really suck.

felicia_alexis March 29th, 2013 11:25 AM

I had to use a hair tie to keep my pants on because I cannot button them any more lol. I feel you on the clothes thing

L-SBB March 29th, 2013 11:51 AM

my skin has been AWFUL this pregnancy, much much worse than with Savannah's....right now it's peeling (!!!) like I have a sunburn all over my face for no reason???

Babybear4 March 29th, 2013 01:15 PM

I am SO there with you ladies. My face is greasy and broken out, my hair gets greasy if I don't wash it within 12-14 hours of the last wash, although it does style better than usual. But I am feeling fat and jiggly, I get really bad eczema so my legs are covered with rashes and yeah...ew.

MamaLaurie March 30th, 2013 03:02 PM

I think I look like death on legs lately. Oh well, just par for the course I guess.

Alpha_allie1010 March 31st, 2013 09:09 AM

I was feeling and looking like total crap! I got my hair done Thursday and I feel 100% better. I HIGHLY recommend it!

felicia_alexis April 1st, 2013 06:38 AM

I am thinking its time to cave and make an appointment. I also need to wax my eyebrows and shave my legs now that I am not throwing everything up lol

caseyswife123 April 1st, 2013 10:46 AM

I've been dealing with the same thing lately! The weight gain that seems to be going to be face isn't helping either. Dull hair and skin, and I'm breaking out awfully on my chin. :( I have an appt Friday to get my hair highlighted, bought some self-tanner, and gonna give myself a mani/pedi. Feeling a bit like a troll. :(