JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone else experiencing this? BTDT moms? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/2639006-anyone-else-experiencing-btdt-moms.html)

AIK112018 March 29th, 2013 04:17 PM

Anyone else experiencing this? BTDT moms?

OK, OK. I might be a little paranoid. This probably is nothing but I HAVE to ask.
This is my fifth pregnancy. I was thinking I would experience everything a lot sooner.
I haven't felt the baby kick yet. I thought I did about 3 weeks ago for a day, but I haven't felt anything since. I felt my DD in my 2nd pregnancy at 15/16 weeks. I still don't feel "pregnant" yet and it is making it harder to connect with my baby for some odd reason.

When I lay down flat on my back I can feel my uterus two inches above my pubic bone. When I wake up in the morning, my uterus is up a lot higher and can feel it just below my belly button.

My doctor has yet to measure my uterus, but I know at 12 weeks baby was perfectly fine and healthy.
I am getting a doppler next week to ease my anxiety... but is this normal?? I feel like I have forgotten what it is like to be pregnant. (youngest will be 4 in April)

I am still getting symptoms. Breast pains, round ligament pains, braxton hicks, a little nauseous in the morning until I eat something. DH says I shouldn't worry but I feel like I should ask you ladies, since you are about as far along as I am. I am still terrified I am going to lose this little one, too.

kelbert March 29th, 2013 04:22 PM

Re: Anyone else experiencing this? BTDT moms?

This is my first time getting this far, so I really don't know what to expect. But I am right there with you. I still don't really "feel" it either. I haven't felt any movement that I am aware of. Sometimes I think I do.. but not sure what it feels like!

I have a doppler and its the only think keeping me from being an absolute worry wart. I had an u/s yesterday and I am still paranoid. Maybe its just taking a little longer this time?

:hug:

estherm March 29th, 2013 04:59 PM

If your placenta is in the front it take much bigger kicks for you to feel it...

My second pregnancy I felt them at 11 weeks.. This pregnancy I just started to feel strong kicks but ONLY on the left side the right side is where my placenta is I can't wait to see if I am right :)

AIK112018 March 29th, 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estherm (Post 27242200)
If your placenta is in the front it take much bigger kicks for you to feel it...

My second pregnancy I felt them at 11 weeks.. This pregnancy I just started to feel strong kicks but ONLY on the left side the right side is where my placenta is I can't wait to see if I am right :)

...That is what I was thinking too, but wouldn't my doctor have told me? I have had two ultrasounds so far...

MamaLaurie March 29th, 2013 05:38 PM

This is my sixth, and I haven't felt much of anything either! Usually, I feel movement alot earlier. I'm trying not to get too worried about it. My belly is still growing and getting higher and rounder, so I'm thinking it must just be where the placenta is.

321abc March 29th, 2013 07:53 PM

This is only my second pregnancy. I thought I felt movement way early this time but I was wrong. I just started actually feeling movement in the last week and I'm almost 18 weeks. Felt my first around 15.
I have an anterior placenta. They won't tell you placental location unless its in a dangerous spot. It's really not important whether its anterior or posterior, at least not to the baby anyway. My placenta is anterior and on the left. Most of the movements I feel are on the right side but I feel slight flutters on the left.
I wouldn't worry unless you aren't feeling movement after 22 weeks. I also feel my uterus a couple of inches below my belly button

mirdeemrlvs March 29th, 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIK112018 (Post 27242110)
OK, OK. I might be a little paranoid. This probably is nothing but I HAVE to ask.
This is my fifth pregnancy. I was thinking I would experience everything a lot sooner.
I haven't felt the baby kick yet. I thought I did about 3 weeks ago for a day, but I haven't felt anything since. I felt my DD in my 2nd pregnancy at 15/16 weeks. I still don't feel "pregnant" yet and it is making it harder to connect with my baby for some odd reason.

When I lay down flat on my back I can feel my uterus two inches above my pubic bone. When I wake up in the morning, my uterus is up a lot higher and can feel it just below my belly button.

My doctor has yet to measure my uterus, but I know at 12 weeks baby was perfectly fine and healthy.
I am getting a doppler next week to ease my anxiety... but is this normal?? I feel like I have forgotten what it is like to be pregnant. (youngest will be 4 in April)

I am still getting symptoms. Breast pains, round ligament pains, braxton hicks, a little nauseous in the morning until I eat something. DH says I shouldn't worry but I feel like I should ask you ladies, since you are about as far along as I am. I am still terrified I am going to lose this little one, too.

My youngest will be 4 in September. I keep wondering about the "feeling movement" thing too and this is #5.. I think our problem is we remember what it is like to feel the really big movements when they are big and don't fit.. I know my baby is really active because I just had my u/s and could see it!

jensma March 29th, 2013 09:01 PM

i too have an anterior placenta, this is my 2nd time with one. its fine, but does keep you from feeling baby early. i'd say 20 weeks is probably avg. i know this only b/c we couldn't find baby hiding from the doppler and that was part of the problem, as i suspected. this being your 5th pregnancy i'd imagine your uterus is just more stretched...after 3 in 3 mine is. i feel like my uterus is practically up to my belly button sometimes.

My doppler was my saving grace with my son and i am sure it will be again. with emily i felt her every move so i didn't worry nearly as much. its definitely worth it!!

MyFantasticFour March 30th, 2013 06:27 AM

I have an anterior placenta and I'm just starting to feel a little now but didn't with my last (also anterior) until 21 weeks.