JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cervical pain (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/2648953-cervical-pain.html)

rebecca0217 May 7th, 2013 04:47 PM

Cervical pain

Okay, this is a kind of TMI question. I am almost 22w pg and I have had some cervix pain in the past but nothing too painful or long lasting. Today though Its been going on for at least 30 minutes and its starting to worry me. Its not like gut wrenching pain and I am not bleeding, its almost like a burning kind of pain. I know its my cervix or lower cuz I felt stuff like this towards the end of my previous pregnancies and I could always tell when I was dilating or effacing. I have not done any really physical activity today, the heaviest thing I carried was a laundry basket and DH and I haven't DTD for a few days. Standing is pretty uncomfy but sitting down doesn't really change anything. I have had a bit more discharge lately but that is pretty normal for me during pg.
I have a midwife appt tomorrow afternoon so I am thinking I should be fine to ask them about it then...but does anyone think I should be more concerned? This is my 5th pg so maybe things are more sensitive to baby movement and such? I don't want to overreact but I don't want to under-react either.

321abc May 7th, 2013 05:21 PM

Re: Cervical pain

That happened to me a few weeks ago with a yeast infection.
I felt like baby's head was trying to come out lol

Unless you are bleeding or having contractions I would just wait till you se your midwife tomorrow

Dolly Lama May 8th, 2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Unless you are bleeding or having contractions I would just wait till you se your midwife tomorrow
Agreed.

It hasn't happened in a while, but I've also had my share of what felt like cervical pain. I did get checked out, but the midwife wasn't concerned because my cervix was always completely closed - she said it's probably nerve pain from something being pressed on or from things being shifted around.

Good luck and keep us posted!

rebecca0217 May 8th, 2013 08:16 AM

I called in last night cuz it went on for over an hour and it was getting pretty uncomfortable to walk or even sit. She suggested I take a long bath-there are muscles down there, not many, but enough that they can cause pain if tense. Also, baby could have been banging on it. THe bath helped for a while but once I tried getting up and walking around again it started hurting so I basically went to bed. Didn't sleep until well after midnight because I was uncomfortable, having contractions and just really restless. This morning I feel okay but I haven't been walking around a ton. She told me to be sure and mention it today at my appointment so we can keep an eye on it-little one still has quite a bit of cooking left to do and we would rather be ahead of any pre-term labor business than behind the ball on it. I am just hoping the words pelvic rest or bed rest do not get uttered today.