JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Abdominal muscle strain / belly cramps? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/2649738-abdominal-muscle-strain-belly-cramps.html)

TaraJo29 May 10th, 2013 08:33 PM

Abdominal muscle strain / belly cramps?

I have had these before, but usually not until well into the 3rd trimester. It's like a muscle strain or even kind of like a charlie horse (but not quite the same). It always runs vertically on the sides of my stomach. It's definitely a muscular thing and not a uterine thing so I'm not worried about labor or anything like that. It's definitely not round ligament pain either, as I know what that feels like. It often happens when I have been laying on my side and then I try to roll over, or sometimes when I'm bending down or something like that. It's actually pretty painful and sometimes I can't move until it stops hurting. It's like the muscle seizes up or something (?) and until it relaxes I can't move.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Does anyone know a way to prevent it?

Would potassium help like it does with regular muscle cramps?

Maybe my belly muscles are just really worn out at this point. :rolleyes:

mirdeemrlvs May 10th, 2013 09:44 PM

Re: Abdominal muscle strain / belly cramps?

I don't know what your feeling, but I get a similar pain, but it's right under my right breast. I've had it for years. Sometimes I get it when I bend over to tie my shoes, etc.. like you said, the muscle "seizes" up or something. I have no idea what it is or what causes it.

Grlsshp9 May 11th, 2013 12:47 PM

I get this when I roll over, or lay in a certain position in bed, i dont know what it is but I think its okay, just your muscles telling you it doesn't like that. Lol

TnPhotoMama81 May 11th, 2013 01:10 PM

I fet awful pulling pains or like someones twisting my ovary with a fork when I move a certain way....it hurts so bad.

Alpha_allie1010 May 13th, 2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 (Post 27357149)
I fet awful pulling pains or like someones twisting my ovary with a fork when I move a certain way....it hurts so bad.

I get this too! I tend to yelp...and say..."don't do that again!"

Heidijens1 May 13th, 2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraJo29 (Post 27356133)
I have had these before, but usually not until well into the 3rd trimester. It's like a muscle strain or even kind of like a charlie horse (but not quite the same). It always runs vertically on the sides of my stomach. It's definitely a muscular thing and not a uterine thing so I'm not worried about labor or anything like that. It's definitely not round ligament pain either, as I know what that feels like. It often happens when I have been laying on my side and then I try to roll over, or sometimes when I'm bending down or something like that. It's actually pretty painful and sometimes I can't move until it stops hurting. It's like the muscle seizes up or something (?) and until it relaxes I can't move.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Does anyone know a way to prevent it?

Would potassium help like it does with regular muscle cramps?

Maybe my belly muscles are just really worn out at this point. :rolleyes:

I get that alot too. It actually is a type of round ligament pain. I asked my Dr about it and he said that's what it is. Every time I have any RLP thats what it feels like to me.

kaylacaroline May 13th, 2013 12:47 PM

I get similar pain all the time. And hot **** it hurts like hell.

When I sneeze it feels like I'm popping an ovary or tearing my uterus open. Roll over and I am almost crippled with pain in my side. I blame my issues on the fact that I have NO core strength. That and I feel like I am carrying him really low and that's putting the extra strain on my lower muscles.

TaraJo29 May 13th, 2013 09:30 PM

OK, I guess I'm not the only one. My MIL said she had these pains all the time when she was pregnant, too. Ugh. To me it feels like muscles seizing up or tearing or something. I carry low, too, and I wonder if that doesn't help. So not cool when you're in mid position-change and can't move.

kaylacaroline May 14th, 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraJo29 (Post 27362153)
OK, I guess I'm not the only one. My MIL said she had these pains all the time when she was pregnant, too. Ugh. To me it feels like muscles seizing up or tearing or something. I carry low, too, and I wonder if that doesn't help. So not cool when you're in mid position-change and can't move.

Definitely not cool when you're mid position change! Especially when you don't know if you should go back the other way or just keep going. I usually pull my knees up when that happens and it usually helps.