JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I'm getting so big that... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/2662849-im-getting-so-big.html)

Dolly Lama July 1st, 2013 08:50 PM

I'm getting so big that...

it's getting harder and harder to mow the lawn if you know what I mean! lol Seriously, am I the only one here who is all but blindly shaving down there now? I'm doing it regularly, but am not really able to do a good job anymore, so this is going to look like a hot mess in another month or two! Good thing my midwife is the only one who ever sees it! :giggle:

Anyone else having problems in this department?

Keakie July 1st, 2013 08:53 PM

Re: I'm getting so big that...

Yes. :lol: I can't see a thing down there and "landscaping" has become a total guessing game. I'm glad it isn't just me! I've been meaning to try a mirror or something but we don't have one in the shower and I always forget about it until I'm already in there.

Dolly Lama July 1st, 2013 08:58 PM

Why didn't I think of a mirror? Duh! lol I'll have to find a hand held one to check out the patchwork quilt that I'm sure I have going on down there! :giggle:

They should make a special mirror just for us - one with a suction cup that sticks to the shower wall, so we can free out hands up to work more effectively. :D

Keakie July 1st, 2013 09:05 PM

Amazon.com: InterDesign Fog Away Suction Mirror, Clear: Home & Kitchen

:giggle: They make those! It's also fog-resistant!

kelbert July 1st, 2013 09:29 PM

Haha! You guys made me LOL! I am doing it blindly as well. I have trouble shaving my legs too.. I just feel my way around. :giggle:

manda622 July 2nd, 2013 05:52 AM

Yeah. It's basically hopeless! major difficulty with the legs too. lol

AmbzAsh July 2nd, 2013 06:24 AM

Yep! Right there with you ladies! I actually sat down and tried to do it in the bathtub last night.....I kept laughing at myself :giggle: Lord knows what it looks like down there lol! I'm one of those people that goes completely bare....so I'm almost positive I've missed some spots lol!

Dolly Lama July 2nd, 2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

I'm one of those people that goes completely bare....so I'm almost positive I've missed some spots lol!
I'm with you on this one - that's why I said it probably looks like a patchwork quilt down there! lol

Quote:

I actually sat down and tried to do it in the bathtub last night
Tried this too, and still couldn't see all that I needed to see, plus it ended up being hard to get out of whatever position I was in trying to see it all. :D

My legs are a mess too, but I guess I don't care quite as much because the hair is thin and blonde - if it was thicker and darker, I'd be having a fit right now...I've got this thing about hair - I really don't like it anywhere except on my head. :giggle:

Keakie July 2nd, 2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmbzAsh (Post 27491481)
I'm one of those people that goes completely bare....so I'm almost positive I've missed some spots lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolly Lama (Post 27491722)
I'm with you on this one - that's why I said it probably looks like a patchwork quilt down there! lol

Same here. :giggle: I've missed entire strips of hair and not noticed until I've already been out of the shower and dressed. It's been frustratingly comical.

Anitha July 2nd, 2013 08:15 AM

I got there at around 20 weeks or so. I've been blindly going at it with a venus razor(those flexible ones with the large soapy aloe bars above & below the blades) in all directions in hopes of getting the most amount of mowing done!

rebecca0217 July 2nd, 2013 09:33 AM

its been getting tougher. I seriously will have to spend like 15 minutes in there to try and make sure I get it all. I am going to try and keep up with it for as long as I can but I know that pretty soon there won't be anything I can do!

Dolly Lama July 2nd, 2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

I've been blindly going at it with a venus razor(those flexible ones with the large soapy aloe bars above & below the blades) in all directions in hopes of getting the most amount of mowing done!
This was how I was doing it - going all over in all directions, just hoping for the best. It was working well till I actually cut myself...then I noticed that I'm getting a bit of razor burn here and there, which was never a problem before. Oh well, guess anything is better than a forest which would require a weed whacker to hack through. :D

kimberlyw July 2nd, 2013 11:41 AM

LMBO!!! I use a mirror now too - I am afraid of nicking myself somehow in the process haha!

WorkerBeeMama July 2nd, 2013 12:44 PM

Yup, got a brazillian last week - ouch! I used to do sugaring which hurts even worse, but afterwards it was way better. I don't think waxing is for me. I will stick with the sugaring.

Dolly Lama July 2nd, 2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Yup, got a brazillian last week - ouch! I used to do sugaring which hurts even worse, but afterwards it was way better. I don't think waxing is for me. I will stick with the sugaring.
I thought about a brazilian, but am actually too chicken to do it right now. What's up with the sugaring? I had to look it up to see what it was, and supposedly it's kind of like waxing...I'm curious as to why it hurts worse, and what makes it better afterwards.

H_Hplus1 July 2nd, 2013 06:10 PM

DH laughed at my last attempt and said he better take over from here til after baby comes. Said I missed a lot of spots...lol

TnPhotoMama81 July 2nd, 2013 06:27 PM

It took me 45 mins on Sunday to shave. I can barely see down there pregnant or not so I am pretty pro at doing it without actually seeing what is going on. I still have to be careful and take my time so I don't hurt myself.

Dolly Lama July 2nd, 2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

It took me 45 mins on Sunday to shave.
You are one patient woman, that's for sure! I'm very much lacking in that department - basically my ADD would kick in before I even got one leg done! :giggle:

bevyvuska July 3rd, 2013 01:52 AM

I was getting full brazillian every 5 weeks, but quit doing it when we moved. Just need to make an appointment, but have just not felt like it, plus baby brain I forget until I can't do it at the time I remember. :P So I have gone back to au natural. Need to set a reminder to do that. BUGGING ME!

TayAnd2Angels July 3rd, 2013 11:59 PM

Yep! I definitely have to lift my belly with one hand and shave with the other while trying to see what I'm doing. I can't imagine of DH walked in and witnessed this shenanigans.