JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Sore spot on tummy?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1912-september-2013-playroom/2663810-sore-spot-tummy.html)

321abc July 5th, 2013 06:24 PM

Sore spot on tummy??

Im not super concerned about it but I have this spot on my tummy toward the top middle that hurts. It hurts from the inside like if she kicks it and it hurts when I touch it too. I'm wondering if it could be a strained or irritated round ligament? I did go swimming yesterday and it was in super deep water so I laid across a tube awkwardly and only used my feet to swim so maybe I pulled a muscle.
If I think about it too much I get sorta paranoid like afraid my placenta tore or something :(

I'm betting I'd be in a lot more pain and probably bleeding if that were the case.

Dolly Lama July 5th, 2013 06:38 PM

Re: Sore spot on tummy??

I'm not sure what could be going on with you, but it does seem like something strained or irritated. When I called my OB because of pretty bad abdominal pain (left lower side), then told me to take some tylenol, lay down and apply a warm compress, and to call them back if it didn't go away or worsened.

In my case (which is probably different from yours), I believe it was probably trapped gas, but in my head it was this:
Quote:

If I think about it too much I get sorta paranoid like afraid my placenta tore or something
:D

Oh gosh, the worrying never ends, does it?

321abc July 5th, 2013 06:57 PM

Well I know she is head down and she's sooo strong so I'm thinking its just a sore
Spot from her kicking me. I'll call or
Go to the hospital if I start hurting really bad or bleeding. They said my placenta looked great on Tuesday so I don't have a reason to worry really

Babybear4 July 5th, 2013 07:12 PM

Is it in the center of your belly, or off to the side?

My abdominal muscles are completely separated, so I get intense bruising type pain right down the center of my belly and it is especially sensitive to touch. Wondering if you're experiencing something similar?

321abc July 5th, 2013 07:15 PM

I bet that's what it is. It's dead center up high.
My abs separated last pregnancy but I don't remember the pain.

manda622 July 6th, 2013 06:27 AM

I get sore there too and I'm pretty sure it's the abdominal muscles separating. It started for me pretty early on in the pregnancy- it would hurt really bad when i moved sometimes and then it went away for a while, but over the past week or two my belly has grown quite a bit more, and its sore and tender again.