JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-september-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Another yeast infection question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-september-2014-playroom/2724704-another-yeast-infection-question.html)

FlyingFlower June 26th, 2014 08:20 PM

Another yeast infection question

Well, I'm currently doctorless and I think I'm experiencing my first yeast infection this pregnancy. Is there otc stuff that's ok for pregnancy or do I need a rx?

bandriessen June 26th, 2014 10:32 PM

Re: Another yeast infection question

I used Miconazole, the 3 day treatment and I fit the capsules. I hate the cream!!! It gushes everywhere lol.

_Jewlz_ June 26th, 2014 10:34 PM

Capsules for sure! I think they cost more but it's totally worth it!

carlyknudtson June 27th, 2014 12:49 PM

Gynozole*1 i think is over the counter, it is a creme but after i used it, i was feeling better in hours. And its a one time dose

disneydiva76 June 27th, 2014 04:03 PM

I used monistat but had an allergic reaction.

FlyingFlower June 27th, 2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneydiva76 (Post 28126843)

Eeek, what happened?

disneydiva76 June 27th, 2014 06:26 PM

Well it burned like fire on the inside and out...then super bad stomach cramps, nausea and dizziness.

:(

Urchin June 27th, 2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneydiva76 (Post 28126843)

I am also allergic to all of the creams. It seriously feels like somone has poured acid in there when I have used it :(

Some people have better luck with less concentrated treatments (7 day instead of 1 or 3 day), but they all bother me :(

Thankfulhelpmeet June 27th, 2014 07:55 PM

i used provacare (inserting capsules vaginally) but they are like probiotics. Work very well. Also, mixing 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and applying it everyday externally really helped to get rid of my itching its also very natural and safe.

FlyingFlower June 27th, 2014 08:03 PM

Thanks everyone! I got the monistat 3 with also the cream for on the outside. I used the cream already and feel a lot better and tonight I'll start with the capsules.

medusa28 June 27th, 2014 08:57 PM

I used Monistat 3 as well and it saved my life lol. Id never had a yeast infection until this pregnancy!

Caerus June 27th, 2014 09:53 PM

I've used both Monistat 3 and Monistat 7 with good results (normally I use the one-day Monistat, but pregnancy apparently makes me a little more sensitive). That, plus a good low-sugar yogurt have been the only thing keeping me going sometimes. I've had 4 or 5 yeast infections so far since getting pregnant. :( Normally I have them once or twice a year...

FlyingFlower June 28th, 2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caerus (Post 28127108)
I've used both Monistat 3 and Monistat 7 with good results (normally I use the one-day Monistat, but pregnancy apparently makes me a little more sensitive). That, plus a good low-sugar yogurt have been the only thing keeping me going sometimes. I've had 4 or 5 yeast infections so far since getting pregnant. :( Normally I have them once or twice a year...

Oh wow, that does not sound like fun. I've probably only had 4 to 5 ever and it's been at least a year or two since I've had one. But I'm now adding yogurt to my daily diet because I want to avoid having this ever again.