JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-september-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Zzzzzzz..... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-september-2014-playroom/2726765-zzzzzzz.html)

Mslily1125 July 20th, 2014 12:46 PM

Zzzzzzz.....

How many of you ladies are needing to nap on a daily basis, and when does the urge normally hit you?

I find that about an hour after waking is when I'm sleepiest. It's strange, but I'm glad I'm not working anymore. If I'm home and don't have anything going on, I take my nap around 10am most days (I try to hold out until at least then so that I'm not taking a "nap" at 8:30 lol)

carlyknudtson July 20th, 2014 12:56 PM

Re: Zzzzzzz.....

Oh yea i nap everyday, i cant function otherwise.Usually i try to stay awake until reese goes down for his nap.
His nap is usually an hour between 11 and 1.

ninothebeano July 20th, 2014 02:49 PM

I wish I could nap. Sometimes I just can't get comfy for a nap, and sometimes there just isn't time for a nap. I am still working and it is true that I am sleepiest not tooooo long after waking up.. but i do get sleepy as the day goes on too. I can't wait until I am out of work. My last day should be Aug 7. My baby shower is Aug 9. and my due date is Sept 9. :-)

TattooedMama July 20th, 2014 03:09 PM

I don't wanna nap. I just want to sleep all the time period.

ElizabethS July 20th, 2014 03:15 PM

I napped today because I was wiped out. But since I am bedrest I am finding it hard to sleep at ALL by now. And it doesn't help Adrianna never stops moving so its impossible to fall and stay asleep. I swear this child is going to be ADHD.

MrsLat July 20th, 2014 03:40 PM

If left on my own, I could probably easily sleep allllll day. I am exhausted. But I have the hardest time in the mornings.

angelinal09 July 20th, 2014 03:42 PM

My dream nap schedule is something like this:

Wake up at 6, nap at 7, wake up at 9, nap at 11, wake up at 1....you get the drift.

Ultimately, I try to sneak in a nap a day lately though I really could take several. The urge hits as often as my dream schedule above; unfortunately, I'm not able to give in to it as often as I'd like.

MrsAmanda July 20th, 2014 04:06 PM

I love naps! Depends on the day, either a morning nap or an early afternoon is perfect for me.

flitabout July 20th, 2014 04:08 PM

It hits me at around 2-3 and then I will nap till dinner time

amberbanegas July 20th, 2014 05:05 PM

Is 3 hrs considered a nap??? Lol. That's how long I usually knock out for!!!

disneydiva76 July 20th, 2014 05:19 PM

Shoot I am up all nightlong. Sleep an hour or two then up for an hour.

So I nap in the morning and again when son takes a nap if I'm lucky.

FlyingFlower July 20th, 2014 05:35 PM

I usually get super tired sometime around 11. Then again around 2-3. I usually lie on the couch at least once a day and can get about 30 minutes in.

m.a.m.a.to.3 July 20th, 2014 07:49 PM

I would love a nap!!!

I sat in a class from 8:30 to 5:30 today (yes on Sunday :( ) and I swear I was napping on and off for most of the morning.

Jenn-F July 20th, 2014 09:05 PM

Don't throw anything at me, but I'm not feeling the urge to nap these days. I am just amazed at how great I'm feeling this pregnancy. I know it's because I'm having to eat so well, but it's weird to feel so good.

Urchin July 21st, 2014 05:18 AM

I want to go back to bed as soon as I wake up in the morning. It's brutal.

If I am at home, 2-3:00 is when my body shuts down and really wants to nap. I seem to be able to better control that when I am at work (thank goodness!!)

xzippedx July 21st, 2014 06:47 AM

I usually need about 2 naps a day, when i get out of bed i clean the whole apartment then boom it hits me.. i need sleep, i don't do it on a daily basis sometimes i just get through it, but i do try to rest my legs alot! basically i'm sitting down half of the day or more but it's enough

topato July 21st, 2014 12:27 PM

i'm typically not a nap person, but harvey's been keeping me up at night, so i've been super tired during the day and really dying for extra sleep. it just rarely pans out for me. like... it's almost 2:30 right now, and he hasn't gone down for a nap yet today. i bet he won't. i'm losing hope. lol.

Caerus July 21st, 2014 05:57 PM

Usually around 2-3 then I get tired again around 6-8. This is storm season though, so my thunder-phobic dog hasn't been letting me sleep much at night. :/