JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   September 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-september-2014-playroom/)
-   -   What the heck? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-september-2014-playroom/2727571-what-heck.html)

Buda July 29th, 2014 10:56 AM

What the heck?

So I'm suppose to have a repeat c-section. I just switched OBs, and at both places they said they won't set a date until I'm 36 weeks! I'm about 32 weeks now, feeling like I would feel better if I knew a date now! Anyone know why they won't scheduel until 36 weeks? Or is this just in my state?

_Jewlz_ July 29th, 2014 11:18 AM

Re: What the heck?

Ugh! I am sitting in the office of the surgeon who will do my c-section right now! This is the first time I will meet him. Was REALLLLLY hoping to schedule today at 34+1. I hope it's just your state but I'll let you know what happens!!

Buda July 29th, 2014 11:24 AM

Thanks I appreciate that. I feel like there are some moms on here that already know their date, the thought of waiting another four weeks to know is crazy. I mean I know going into labor and having a baby naturally is unpredictable, but a surgery requires more help and I'd like my partner to be able to plan his paternity leave sooner than later.

_Jewlz_ July 29th, 2014 12:22 PM

Ya that sucks! I have to wait on my surgeon's office to call me to schedule- I would assume based on our conversation that they'd call in the next few days but we'll see!!

Caerus July 29th, 2014 12:50 PM

I've heard of that, and it always seemed a little silly to me. It isn't like you are asking to be sectioned early, just to set a date. It isn't like your due date is likely to change this far in, nor is it impossible to reschedule if you go into labor early.

MrsLat July 29th, 2014 01:14 PM

This is my 3rd delivery with my OB. We have always scheduled my c-section on my 36 week visit. He always has had availability on the day I want to schedule it (even if its a weekend), so I never thought much on it. That is just the standard for his office.

carlyknudtson July 29th, 2014 02:13 PM

With reese i scheduled at 32 weeks, and now we have been talking about the schedule date for about a month.Reid should be here on the 12th.

disneydiva76 July 29th, 2014 02:13 PM

Mine wouldn't let me until they had their schedule available. I guess the hospital only let them schedule 3 mo out.

AviatrixMorgan July 29th, 2014 05:43 PM

#1 was scheduled 2 days before birth (Florida).

#2 was scheduled at 36 weeks (Massachusetts).

#3 was scheduled around 32-34 weeks (Alabama).

#4 (same OB/hospital as #3) was scheduled at 28 weeks and I got the time for it today (32 weeks). I was really surprised to have it scheduled so early since I'm not used to that.

Jenn-F July 29th, 2014 09:46 PM

Mines been scheduled for quite some time now, since around 24 weeks or so.

Kayakgirl July 30th, 2014 04:48 AM

Mine has been scheduled for about 3 or 4 weeks now, for 39 weeks and 6 days. My OB only schedules surgeries on Wednesdays and according to our state law, it has to be in the 39th week.
I don't see what's wrong with them just giving you a date to put on your calendar.. it would really help you plan.

lemieuxcrew July 30th, 2014 04:57 AM

I scheduled mine for Sept 8th the last appoint which was last week (Thursday). They said they would call - but havent heard from them yet.

However, like Jelwz I am going to try for a VBAC if I go into labor before the 8th (39 weeks). *pending OB approval