JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Shrinking Violets (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1983-shrinking-violets/)
-   -   Really need support (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1983-shrinking-violets/2674252-really-need-support.html)

navywifey2003 August 22nd, 2013 09:19 PM

Really need support

Ladies, I could really use some support. I am so so down on myself, my weight, I never want to dtd because of this. I feel disgusting and wonder why Kyle is even still with me a lot of times. I can't get out of my head and stick to anything. I realize its going to take time, change ect but I'm just so disgusted with myself that I'd rather do nothing because I feel like that's what I deserve. :( I don't know how to get over this hurtle and into I am doing this. Please help!

4hearts August 22nd, 2013 11:33 PM

Re: Really need support

I definitely feel ya on the DTD!! I feel like a whale and it's worse bc DH weighs seriously next to nothing. Like Jack sprat and his wife. But what you have to remember is your husband really loves you for you and is still attracted to you, the whole package. You're a sexy, capable woman and mother and he knows that. He only wants your happiness and if losing weight makes you happy then that's all there is to it. You gotta start slow and be kind to yourself.

Dieting isn't easy when nursing bc it's a fine line to manage to keep your milk nutritious for Payson. You're kinda playing the waiting game as far as dieting goes bc you want to wait until she's eating solids before you mess with your caloric intake. For now I've just been logging in MFP and adding 500 cals a day to make sure I keep Emmaline thriving. That puts me at about 1900 a day and I'm maintaining my pre-pg weigh or around 5 lbs more than that but not ever going below. It'd be cool to go below that but I know that at least I'm not gaining and for now I'm good with that.

If you're ready for some exercising then the movement will be great for your mood (endorphins I think they call it). And just concentrate on getting some of that in when you can and you'll know you're going forward and not backwards. Even 20 mins is something. I KNOW you're having an adjustment bc I'm in the same boat with four kids and being a SAHM. But as long as we stay positive and move forward while trying not to stress and beat ourselves up, I think we can do it! :)

((hugs))

navywifey2003 August 23rd, 2013 09:03 AM

Thanks Hun! It's nice to know I'm not alone, but sad at the same time! Hugs to you too Hun!

bribugg13 August 23rd, 2013 01:25 PM

I wish we all lived right next door to each other so we could motivate each other to get out and exercise! It's so hard when you're alone and then to add staying at home with kids all day to the mix, makes it that much more difficult -- knowing from personal experience! It's hard enough for me to get out and go to the gym by myself, but then to have to leave my child in the daycare -- or even pay extra for the day care....or if I wait for DH to get home, trying to fit it in before or after dinner...then it's late and I'm just plain tired!

Those are my list of excuses lately! Why can't it just be easier!! Hugs girl!!

jhmomofmany August 25th, 2013 08:46 AM

Don't hate on yourself. Your body is your ally, not the enemy (although it feels like it sometimes). I never found a way to stick with exercise when I had only little kids, wish I had some ideas there. All I can say is hang in there it really does (eventually) get easier. And lots of people lose weight successfully with diet alone, so if you don't have much (or any) time/desire to exercise you're not doomed!

I think if we really understood how amazing our bodies are to be able to grow a person we would be more accepting of the changes that come along with that.

I also think we need to learn to love our bodies as much as our men do! ;)

zkat August 26th, 2013 07:15 PM

Jennifer said it well. Your body grew 4amazing humans in 6 years. We are all so much harder on our own self image.

We are here to support you in anyway. I know you can do this

navywifey2003 August 26th, 2013 07:40 PM

Thanks ladies '

overlinmommy17 August 30th, 2013 07:03 AM

Hugs lyndsey!!!!

II am so sorry that you are having such a hard time and feeling down. After you have a baby your body looks nothing like it wants to bed and along with the hormones and exhaustion it can really get to you.just know that I am really encouraged by you for all that you do and having such small children. I really look up to you because I'm having trouble managing my 3 year old an infant during the day and staying sane. I feel the same way about DTD. But I know that our husbands are just as interested in us as they ever were! keep your head up you are doing a great job .getting out to walk is a great idea!

"Once did" oops

MrsLat August 30th, 2013 08:22 PM

I can relate on DTD also. I have some weight to lose, yes, but I am dealing with saggy skin. My tummy looks ridiculous... sigh...

Hang in there. I have been dieting and it has been so hard. But I am here for you!!

QueenCrafty August 31st, 2013 06:00 AM

Try not to feel down! I know that is easier said than done. Remember it took you 9 months to grow your beautiful daughter, it won't all come off immediately. Your husband loves you for the woman you are, not the number on the scale or the tag on your clothes.
As for exercising with small kids, it's tricky. I get up at 4:45 am twice a week to walk. It's the only time that works for me. My DH gets home from work late and we can't afford a gym membership. Also a trick that has worked for me was to put my hand weights in the bathroom. I would do some arm toning exercises while waiting for my shower water to warm up.