Mashed Apples & Sweet Potatoes
* 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and sliced
* 1/8 cup milk
1. Place the sweet potato in a medium saucepan and fill with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Mix in the sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Add the apple slices, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Mix the apple mixture into the drained sweet potatoes along with the milk. Mix well using an electric mixer or just a fork until potatoes are mashed.
I cut this recipe in half for just Dh & I. It's SO good. It's like having dessert with dinner! :lol:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.