JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Skin Disorders (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f461-skin-disorders/)
-   -   Not seeing much of an improvement (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f461-skin-disorders/606144-not-seeing-much-improvement.html)

Rachel June 11th, 2007 03:57 PM

Daniel has been on Claritin and a new cream since Wednesday and Friday respectively, and while I do see some improvement on one particular bad spot, the rest just looks the same. I wasn't looking for instant improvement, but it almost looks worse then it did before. I'm just so frustrated with it. I know how bad it is to itch all the time and I just don't want that for my son. I guess I feel guilty because I passed this on to him, too. Why couldn't he just get my crooked pinkies, why did he have to get my skin too?

I did have his blood drawn today to check for allergies so I guess I'll know more soon.

LadyOrion June 11th, 2007 05:09 PM

I'm sorry it's getting worse! I do understand about feeling guilty though. When DH and I desided to have children we hoped they wouldn't get EB. If it makes you feel better you can always blame your parents. LOL...just kidding!

Good luck with the blood tests. I hope it give you more answers.

glasscandie June 12th, 2007 05:49 AM

I'm sorry the creams aren't working!!! We've had our shre of disappointments when it comes to trying out creams. One time we spent about $50 on a teeny tiny tube that a doc at the U. of San Francisco told us to get and it made absolutely no difference what-so-ever.

I've always found that less is better for us. I'm always tempted to use more creams (layering them), somehow thinking that the more cream we use, the more moisturized she'll be...but that doesn't work lol One layer of Aquaphor works a lot better than 3 layers of fancy creams!

Have you tried a product called Baby Eczema Cream? lol I bought it at Walgreens when we were living in Texas, it comes in a green tube (sort of looks like the tube for those Johnson Gentle Naturals creams). That worked really well for Julia's itching, especially on her legs. I'd lay her down in front of the TV and just massage the cream into her legs for awhile.

Rachel June 12th, 2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Have you tried a product called Baby Eczema Cream? lol I bought it at Walgreens when we were living in Texas, it comes in a green tube (sort of looks like the tube for those Johnson Gentle Naturals creams). That worked really well for Julia's itching, especially on her legs. I'd lay her down in front of the TV and just massage the cream into her legs for awhile.[/b]
I have tried that. Actually, I bought it when I was pregnant with Daniel for myself because I was having a flare up and the scent of it made me sneeze. It's really thick and creamy too and I liked that about it. I'm not sure it helped Daniel with the itching, but I did use it on him when he was younger, before getting prescriptions.

**Mary** June 13th, 2007 04:55 PM

I know what ya mean because Emily is the only one of my girls to take after me with the Ezema I have it really bad sometimes I get hives because of it and I itch so bad and I haven't found anything to work for me either.