JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Skin Disorders (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f461-skin-disorders/)
-   -   Add Us To The Eczema List! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f461-skin-disorders/701395-add-us-to-eczema-list.html)

Epi_rush August 23rd, 2007 07:29 PM

Took Beth to the pedi today for this "pin head" type rash she's had for several days. She's got it mainly on her trunk and forehead and a lot of the bumps are still fleshy colored, but they're turning red. (not really in patches, yet) I don't know jack about eczema so I'm at a loss since I always lotion her down every night after her bath, the water is never real warm, she doesn't sit in soapy water, etc etc. I feel so bad for her because I noticed tonight that it's spread to her little monkey. She doesn't seem bothered by any of it tho, thank goodness. Her pedi prescribed 2% hydrocortisone and said to use a thin layer of vaseline at night after her bath. I hope we can control it!!

Hi Michele. :smile:

Hi everyone!

4iris August 24th, 2007 08:34 AM

Welcome! I'm sorry you're dealing with eczema. If your doc didn't already mention it, be sure that you use unscented products to bathe her and to wash clothes (hers and yours). Our pedi recommended Cetaphil (and I learned on this board that the generics are just as good) for washing and the Cetaphil cream. He said the Dove mild or sensitive (can't remember now) is good for bathing, too. The vaseline does just as good a job as the Cetaphil cream, but can be a bit greasy. For laundry, we were already using All Free and Clear, Downy Free, and Bounce Free. Anything with lavendar flares up Alex, so we're especially careful to avoid those.

Food, stress, and heat can flare it up as well.

LadyOrion September 6th, 2007 08:30 AM

Hey Kim! Welcome to the SD board! I'm sorry about Beth! I hope it doesn't bother her too bad and you can keep it under control. ~hugs~

Epi_rush September 10th, 2007 12:04 AM

It's doing much better now. I do a lotion/Aquaphor combo on her every night and we switched to Cheer Free and Gentle the other day, so we'll see how that works. So far, so good on the irritation factor. She still doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Her face is generally clear now, but her tummy and chest are still rough, but not near as bad. Also, it seems white grape juice upsets it more, so we've cut that out. It's a shame too because she really loves that stuff.

Quote:

Welcome! I'm sorry you're dealing with eczema. If your doc didn't already mention it, be sure that you use unscented products to bathe her and to wash clothes (hers and yours). Our pedi recommended Cetaphil (and I learned on this board that the generics are just as good) for washing and the Cetaphil cream. He said the Dove mild or sensitive (can't remember now) is good for bathing, too. The vaseline does just as good a job as the Cetaphil cream, but can be a bit greasy. For laundry, we were already using All Free and Clear, Downy Free, and Bounce Free. Anything with lavendar flares up Alex, so we're especially careful to avoid those.

Food, stress, and heat can flare it up as well.[/b]
Thank you for the tips!!

LadyOrion September 30th, 2007 12:03 PM

Oh I am glad Beth is doing better. Thats great! :bluecheer: