JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   So This Is Love (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1957-so-love/)
-   -   Riley Ginette 8/16/13 **with pics!** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1957-so-love/2673491-riley-ginette-8-16-13-pics.html)

sapphire116 August 19th, 2013 07:06 PM

Riley Ginette 8/16/13 **with pics!**
As a FTM, I was originally dismayed when finding out she was breech at 20 weeks. Everyone said it was no big deal at all, but I just had a feeling...and sure enough (despite my best efforts) at every visit after and at 39 weeks little Riley was still breech so I went in for a C-section on the 16th at 39 weeks, 1 day. I arrived at the hospital at 1:30 pm with my husband, and we were quickly attended to for pre-op. The nurses at my hospital were fabulous for the surgery. Everything ran on time and I got whisked to the OR a little early. I was VERY scared of vomiting during the spinal, but I didn't have any problems at all. In fact, the spinal was pretty awesome feeling. My husband soon joined me in the ER, and within minutes, Riley was born at 3:33 pm, weighing 7 lbs, 3 oz. She scored an 8/9 on her APGAR, but had an extremely low blood sugar of 28. This meant that in the recovery room I had to wait to nurse and have skin-to-skin until she was fed some formula to bring up her sugar. Not ideal, but whatever she needed I was okay with.

After about 1.5 hours in the recovery room, we were taken to our regular room and had some awesome bonding time. I was still pretty numb at this point, but STARVING. I was only allowed some chicken broth and jello :-( Riley was a stellar latcher, and was awesome at feedings. At the 4 different visits with the lactation consultants they all mentioned how she was the best nurser on the ward. Doesn't mean she didn't leave me a few blisters in her learning attempts....

I was able to stand up and walk around within 6 hours of my surgery, and within 14 I had showered and walked the halls a few times. My stitches are healing great. Recovery from the C-section is WAY easier than I expected. It's now a few days out and I'm a bit sore, but can move in/out of bed without problems, walking is a-okay, and I have barely any bleeding left. I would opt for a C-section again in a HEARTBEAT.

We came home today. Riley has been a bit more cranky the last 24 hours, but who can blame her? Below are some of my favorite pictures of my little girl. My husband and I are absolutely smitten with this adorable face. I was hoping for red hair (my husband has BRIGHT red hair) and we've had some friends say "look at that reddish hair!" and some who say "I don't see a smidgen of red at all". What do you think?

Jessmom August 19th, 2013 07:18 PM

Re: Riley Ginette 8/16/13 **with pics!**
What a cute baby! Congrats!

lucyinthesky88 August 19th, 2013 11:57 PM

She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations on your baby girl and so glad to hear that you're recovering well :)

BabyT_heart_beat August 20th, 2013 12:02 AM

Congrats she's adorable! I can totally see both spectrums. This first pic I would say there is some red especially at the ends but the 2nd pic looks dark brown. Beautiful lil mama none the less

mirdeemrlvs August 20th, 2013 10:28 AM

awww!! very cute :smile: IT's hard to tell in the pictures of her hair color, but it seems I see a little red.

Your the first advocate of a c/s I have read about, LOL... I've never had one.

I'm glad everything went so well for you. Congrats!!!!

Colliekat August 21st, 2013 10:38 AM

aww so cute and great story :)

yvee80 August 21st, 2013 10:03 PM

Congrats she is a cutie!

DeletedUser12345 August 24th, 2013 09:32 AM

I glad you're happy with the experience! She's adorable! And I had red red hair when I was little but as a newborn it was that color.. Then it fell out and was red til I was like 3-4.. It could happen still

alittlelost August 26th, 2013 10:43 AM

She's so cute! so so sorry you needed a c-section. It's a shame you didn't get more support in getting the baby to flip :(