JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Southern Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f145-southern-mommies/)
-   -   New here... Anyone from Maryland???? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f145-southern-mommies/472336-new-here-anyone-maryland.html)

mom of 3 boys February 18th, 2007 08:36 PM

Hi!!! I am new here. I am from Maryland and have 3 boys. I had been looking in Northeast Mommies, but realized they did not include Maryland. I grew up in Maryland and never considered myself from the south!!! Technically, I guess we would be considered the mid-atlantic. We live in northern maryland... about an hour north of Baltimore and not far from Delaware or New Jersey or Pennsylvania.

momofemnry February 19th, 2007 04:30 AM

Yep I am in MD. Funny thing I was looking in Northeast mommies too. I dodn't consider myself southern either. I live 30 minutes from Baltimore. I have a dd almost 7 and ds almost 1.

*Valerie* February 19th, 2007 04:46 AM

Welcome to both of you!! There has been questions before about the states included as SOUTHERN--so this doesn't surprise me! Hopefully you will like it here and you will want to stay in the South a little :D
I am Valerie, SAHM to Troy--14 months! I am in VA

Rachel February 19th, 2007 04:48 AM

Hiya! I'm in Maryland too and totally thought of Maryland as Northeast, but I guess we are below the Mason Dixson line. I'm Rachel, mom of 3, Sarah (18), James (15) and Daniel (18 months). I live in Taneytown, Carroll County.

momofemnry February 19th, 2007 04:56 AM

Quote:

Hiya! I'm in Maryland too and totally thought of Maryland as Northeast, but I guess we are below the Mason Dixson line. I'm Rachel, mom of 3, Sarah (18), James (15) and Daniel (18 months). I live in Taneytown, Carroll County.[/b]
Hey I went bowling there not too long ago. You are so close to me we should meet at the mall. :D I still call it Cranberry Mall.

mom of 3 boys February 19th, 2007 07:03 PM

We are in Harford County, but I know where Taneytown is. Are you guys originally from Maryland?? I was born and raised in Harford County.

momofemnry February 20th, 2007 06:39 AM

Quote:

We are in Harford County, but I know where Taneytown is. Are you guys originally from Maryland?? I was born and raised in Harford County.[/b]
Yes as a matter of fact my home is walking distance to my Partents home where I grew up.

mk513 April 20th, 2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Hiya! I'm in Maryland too and totally thought of Maryland as Northeast, but I guess we are below the Mason Dixson line. I'm Rachel, mom of 3, Sarah (18), James (15) and Daniel (18 months). I live in Taneytown, Carroll County.[/b]
Are you originally from Taneytown? Although I'm now in Montgomery County, I grew up in Emmitsburg!

sarahe210 October 31st, 2011 08:58 PM

Re: New here... Anyone from Maryland????

Emmitsburg? I live in Thurmont!

I realize this thread is 4 years old, but thought I'd bump it back up.

maryslittlelambs November 3rd, 2011 08:26 AM

I was just lurking and saw this. I'm in Harford County too...

3Sapphires November 25th, 2011 05:21 PM

so glad to see some moms from MD - we are in Martinsburg WV, but DH works in hagerstown and we have to go to MD for all our medical care.

Does anyone know anything about the Hospitals and ob's or midwives in MD? I am trying to dig up what I can about VBAC friendly practices, but not having much luck...

melaniek85 February 28th, 2012 09:22 AM

I live in Glen Burnie, Md. DF and I are TTC #1