JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Spiritual Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/)
-   -   Good Karma (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/2616103-good-karma.html)

Carwen*Angel January 18th, 2013 09:54 AM

Good Karma

Do you believe that if you do good, you're accruing good karma?

In what ways do you think good karma has come back to you?

Sacred Silence January 18th, 2013 10:14 AM

Re: Good Karma

I think it's more about intention.. what you wish and want for others is what you receive in return. It is encumbant upon us to see beyond the illusion that we're all separate from one another and to see everyone as ourselves.

Amaranth Dhanya January 18th, 2013 12:15 PM

I think if you do good it comes back to you. Whether it builds up or not Im not sure but sometimes it feels like its hanging back for other purposes LOL so it doesnt come when you wish it would.

When we found an organization to help us get a roof over our heads while Dan was going through chemo. When that same organization made sure we had good holidays and support.
Anytime my friends show me their support and love. Thats when I feel my little bit of doing good as come back to me.

MidnightMaiden January 19th, 2013 06:22 PM

I believe it's just as much about DOING good as having good intentions.

I do believe that what goes around comes around, whether it's positive or negative, and I've seen it first hand.

I mean, I got my DREAM job, that's good karma! :D

Kiam January 19th, 2013 09:21 PM

I think it's more of a mindset than a literal "bank". Such as if you are respectful person then people are going to see that in you and be respectful to you in return, or if you go out of your way to do kind things for others, then people will be less hesitant about going out of their way for you. I believe that's how karma works, it's just a nice name for it.

I also believe that if you generally have a happy, upbeat outlook on life, instead of a sceptical, angry, narrow-minded one then better things will happen to you, because you are more likely to notice the better and nicer things. I don't know if that can be counted as karma or not, but it is how general outlook on others can make things better for you.

Sacred Silence January 19th, 2013 10:20 PM

Tasha, I hope you'll allow me to explain my comment about intention... if you DO good for other people and expect something in return.. it lessens the impact of the deed. I'm not suggesting no to DO good things for others. I suggesting that we DO good with the intent only to mirror love to them with no expectations in return.. that our deeds mirror our intention because everything in this life truly centers around intention. So, that is what I meant by my comment above. Deeds are only as meaningful as the intentions behind them. :)

Mountain~Mama January 20th, 2013 04:34 AM

I do think what goes around, comes around. It's easier to see the bad karma bite me in the butt but when I stop and think about the unexpected good things - it's either been a reflection of me doing good or a reminder that I need to send that good karma back out.

MidnightMaiden January 21st, 2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crankyfidget (Post 26993083)
Tasha, I hope you'll allow me to explain my comment about intention... if you DO good for other people and expect something in return.. it lessens the impact of the deed. I'm not suggesting no to DO good things for others. I suggesting that we DO good with the intent only to mirror love to them with no expectations in return.. that our deeds mirror our intention because everything in this life truly centers around intention. So, that is what I meant by my comment above. Deeds are only as meaningful as the intentions behind them. :)

Oooohhh!! I get what you're saying. I didn't mean anything by my post.
I just never do something for people with the expectation of them doing something in return, but I guess it happens. My bad Terri :)

Shades of Grey January 21st, 2013 05:49 PM

I do believe what goes around comes around, the energy you put out there will find its way back to you. Both positive and negative. I think it comes back to you in many ways, through the friendships and relationships you nurture and the kindness of strangers.

Sacred Silence January 22nd, 2013 06:15 AM

Tasha.. I know you didn't mean anything.. your post just brought to light that I didn't fully explain my answer! :) I appreciated having the chance to really explain what I meant. :)