JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Spiritual Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/)
-   -   So I am thinking... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/2635581-so-i-am-thinking.html)

Carwen*Angel March 18th, 2013 03:29 AM

So I am thinking...

...that after the GTKY game, we should have a celebration of each other, our community, and our friendships. :)

We haven't had one for a few years so I am thinking we should have a SUMMER of LOVE in 2013!!!

At the moment, I am thinking blinkies; inviting some ladies from other religion boards to do a "My Faith" share and Q&A; member awards; and a secret soul sister exchange.

I am thinking with the exchange that we have two possible budgets, one lower and one higher, and that people can have the option to buy or make the gift(s) providing the value matches the budget. So for example, if I am in a round robin where the budget is 20/$20, I could give the person an angel reading (value 10), and then buy them a small set of oracle cards or a small book to the value of 10. You can play to your own gifts and talents in making or reading or whatever for people, and if you don't normally charge you could always check out online what the average price for that product or service is for value matching. I would also post up some links to online stores where prices are really reasonable and people may get more for their /$. Hopefully doing it this way would give everyone chance to participate.

Wdyt and does anyone have any ideas to add?
Is anyone here able to make blinkies because for member awards you need a ton for the prizes and you're only supposed to ask for a few at a time at Blinkies R Us. ;)

Sacred Silence March 18th, 2013 06:51 AM

Re: So I am thinking...

Lovely. Can I confess that I can never quite manage to get the blinkies... I'm not just not that savvy. LOL.

Amaranth Dhanya March 18th, 2013 06:59 AM

I cant do blinkies but I like the ideas.

If I have long enough notice I can keep a bit of money aside to do an exchange gift too.

So, Im in.

Carwen*Angel March 18th, 2013 08:44 AM

Well, the blinkies won't be compulsory, just a bit of siggy bling for anyone who wants to wear them and promote the board. :)

Sacred Silence March 18th, 2013 09:03 AM

What I mean to say is that I LOVE them... but can never figure out how to get them into my signature. So, I'm in.. but don't be upset with me if the blinkie never shows up in my siggie. ;)

fromGirltoMommy March 18th, 2013 11:59 AM

Oh that sounds like such a wonderful idea Sharron!!! :cheer: I am totally in!!

Mountain~Mama March 18th, 2013 01:55 PM

Sounds like fun! As long as the gift exchange isn't for a couple weeks I'm in. :)

Carwen*Angel March 18th, 2013 02:56 PM

This is for the summer Mel, kinda May thru August. ;) I'm thinking ahead. ;)

kaydee78 March 18th, 2013 09:51 PM

Sounds awesome!! Count me in!

Carwen*Angel March 24th, 2013 06:39 AM

OK :)

We'll run all the SSOTWs, which will take us up to around the end of May / beginning of June by my reckoning.

We'll do sign-ups for the exchange in May and have an early July deadline for those who need to plan finances in advice.

I'll start getting the My Faith stuff organised after my break, and we'll start on the member awards after SSOTWs are done. :wub:

Amaranth Dhanya March 24th, 2013 07:03 AM

Sounds good.

Kiam March 28th, 2013 06:53 PM

Sounds wonderful :)