JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Spiritual Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/)
-   -   Question for the Pagan Girls (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/2643619-question-for-pagan-girls.html)

Sacred Silence April 16th, 2013 06:31 AM

Question for the Pagan Girls

I promise that this is a true question. I'm not attempting to spark a debate, I just wanted to know. Are your Gods and Goddesses entirely separate or do you feel they are individual aspects of one Divine?

Amaranth Dhanya April 16th, 2013 06:40 AM

Re: Question for the Pagan Girls

Individual aspects of the Divine.

I believe the Divine has many parts including feminine and masculine parts that do different things.

For me, I wasnt going to focus on one particular diety but I felt called to and realized that was who my spirit needed to focus on at particular times vs just a general Divine.

Its hard for me to explain because I do call to one Goddess and God in particular but still feel she and he are part of one "universal" Divine(if you will).

Sacred Silence April 16th, 2013 06:44 AM

Thank you for answering, Hill. It's what my view of it is as well and I wanted to make sure I was correctly understanding the other paths here.

TreeTog April 16th, 2013 06:48 AM

I go to certain Gods and Godesses for certain things, but I do believe in the end they function as one.

I would never use God Loki for a healing or Goddess Morgan to help me find a lost item. They all their part they excel at and I use that to my benefit.

Does that make sense?

Leslie

Earthy.Mama April 16th, 2013 07:32 AM

I believe God is a huge ball of energy/love, but for us to better relate/seek guidance that energy manifests into godly forms for human beings.

I have multiple but in the end they, and us, are all part of this big ball of loving energy.

There are many pagans, however, who do feel that Gods and Goddesses are literal manifestations/things/people from their Divine.

Carwen*Angel April 16th, 2013 09:00 AM

Me personally, different facets and archetypes of Source / God / Universe which is all-that-is.

Though I'm now questioning whether I am in fact eclectic Pagan or more on my own spiritual path again.

I wish it was easier! I think I should just stop trying to label and walk my own path!

I am so drawn to nature-based blessings and the Pagan Sabbats, and yet so drawn to prayer and devotion, and again so drawn to angels and ascended masters, and beginning as well to be really drawn to meditation and oneness and loss of ego. I am a whole mix of things and interested in everything lol.

Sacred Silence April 16th, 2013 09:15 AM

My path has no labels. There are truths from several organized religions that I love. Buddhism really resonates and yet, I'm not Buddhist, nor Christian, nor Pagan nor.... anything which can be named. I am on my own, individual path to the Divine.

Amaranth Dhanya April 16th, 2013 09:20 AM

Labels arent necessary on any path really, imho. They simply allow others to get an idea of where our personal spirituality lie.

Otherwise, they are of no use as each path is our own and what we make of it.

Earthy.Mama April 16th, 2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Lotus (Post 27290509)
Labels arent necessary on any path really, imho. They simply allow others to get an idea of where our personal spirituality lie.

Otherwise, they are of no use as each path is our own and what we make of it.

100% truth!!!

Adding1more April 16th, 2013 05:04 PM

For me they are all from the same source but just difference aspects of it. I believe that of all deities worshipped, not just pagan.

As for the path I like having a label for identifying but I love the fact that my label is eclectic because to me that means I can just incorporate everything I want. Even better I have found a couple of others in my home town who are the same, so now I have someone IRL I can do work with!!!

I really do believe our spirituality is our own personal path and we need to walk on our own. Along the way we will find others who share some or even a lot of our beliefs but I don't think that anyone has exactly the same beliefs because it is all so personal.

lhug_nar April 17th, 2013 07:27 AM

IMHO, the different Gods/Goddesses that I work with end up being all part of the Divine eventually and are just different facets to the Divine. That being said I feel, and have for a long time, most drawn to Loki, Thor, Odin, Anubis and Isis. But I think that's because those are the facets that I need at this point in my life from the Divine.

When I do my ritual and spell work though I only call on the Divine, I don't call on individual Gods and Goddesses.