JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Spiritual Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/)
-   -   Rainbows (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/2652491-rainbows.html)

Carwen*Angel May 22nd, 2013 07:11 AM

Rainbows

I have always thought of rainbows as a sign of hope, reassurance and a good omen. I see them as an angel sign.

What do you think rainbows are a sign of? What do they represent to you, or what energy do they bring to your day?

Have you ever seen a double rainbow, or a sundog (parhelia)? What meaning would you attach to these?

Amaranth Dhanya May 22nd, 2013 07:24 AM

Re: Rainbows

Ive seen a double rainbow, once several years ago.

I see them as a sign of good. Like an "all will be well" kinda thing.

I actually saw one Monday night after I had a short Reiki session. Came out of the room, sat down to ponder and keep absorbing the amazing warm fuzzies I was feeling and when I looked up and outside there it was. I watched it for a long while and saw it slowly disappear and then I went on to watch the mountains and stuff.

It was a cool experience.

SmilingSam May 22nd, 2013 07:54 AM

Rainbows are DEFINITELY a powerful signal. I have seen single and double rainbows before.

I think that raindbows symbolize the power that comes through the rain. Let me see if I can phrase that a little bit beter...

When rain comes you have to be strong to wait out the storm. And, for me, it's like rainbows are there to remind me that better days are coming, that there is a new strength in me.

Earthy.Mama May 22nd, 2013 07:55 AM

I have seen a sundog. I love rainbos and sundogs, they're beautiful.

Rainbows remind me of chakras ♥ Other than that, I don't associate them with anything other than scientific happenings. They do remind me how gorgeous our Earth is though!

Sacred Silence May 22nd, 2013 07:56 AM

Rainbows have always represented peace and hope for me. Even in times of turmoil when I see a rainbow, I can quickly get back to a place of calm and feeling that all is well. <3 I saw a double rainbow a few years ago, I took it as not only hope but a promise of my prayers coming into being.

Mountain~Mama May 22nd, 2013 07:58 AM

Double rainbows aren't uncommon to see when I lived in Colorado, but I haven't even seen many single rainbows since we moved to Maine.

Growing up I was told they were a promise from God that he'd never flood the earth again. I don't know if that's what is really in the bible or not just something my mom told me I think.

I've always seen them as a sign on hope, that the storm has past and brighter days are ahead.

I sure could use that sign right now, all I'm seeing is rain - both literally and figuratively late.

Adding1more May 22nd, 2013 08:01 AM

We love rainbows here and often take the kids out on grey days and make our own with the hose.

For me they represent love and hope. They give me a sense of peace and calm. xx

TreeTog May 22nd, 2013 08:17 AM

Rainbows are light refracting through water from the sun. It is a show of color and nature. The good will always shine through the bad. There is hope and there might even be a pot of gold, if you believe.

Leslie

Amaranth Dhanya May 22nd, 2013 08:33 AM

Ill take that pot o'gold please. :)

Carwen*Angel May 22nd, 2013 08:37 AM

lol me too, for sure!

I definitely see them as a sign of hope and a good omen - an angel sign, even. I tend to see them when the chips are down and they do always make me feel like better things are coming, for my highest good - sometimes not things I want but things that are right in the long run. :)

I have seen a double rainbow once before and was with Daniel at the time, I pointed it out to him and tried to instil that sense of wonder at nature in him. I did see a sundog once, did not know what it was or meant until I talked about it here and Anne (greenchild) explained what it was and we discussed possible spiritual meanings. I definitely saw it as a sign from above.

*PurpleMidnight* May 22nd, 2013 08:58 AM

We often see double OR triple rainbows here! I LOVE them!

Spiritually I think it sort of shows the light and beauty after the "storm/rain"

So there is good to come after badness.

I find them so peaceful too :)

stucklikeglue May 22nd, 2013 10:07 AM

So I just had to google what a sundog is and omg they are so cool and beautiful looking. In anycase I dont recall ever seeing one. But I have seen rings around the moon which I think are sooooo awesome.

We see double rainbows here all the time. its florida after all and it can be raining in front of your house but not in the back lol. I think they are stunning, but thats as fair as my mind wanders. When I was a kid I would chase the rainbow to as fair as I was allowed to go and try to find this pot of gold everyone talked about. I really wanted it! I like to think it means there is still beauty even after the storm.

Mystic May 22nd, 2013 03:25 PM

I see them as a sign of hope and peace. Awe when I see them, and a calm settles over me.

MidnightMaiden May 22nd, 2013 04:45 PM

Growing up I was always told by my mom that a rainbow was a sign from God saying that he would never flood the earth again.

When I see them now I just smile and know it's a sign from the Divine, and I think it's just to reassure me that everything happens for a reason and I'm where I'm supposed to be :)

fromGirltoMommy May 22nd, 2013 04:47 PM

Rainbows are peace love happiness to me. And Rhiannon, Lauren, and Clint always come to mind as well :wub: I actually have 2 rainbows tatted on me cuz I love them so much.

I've never seen a double rainbow, although I would love to!

HippieLove May 22nd, 2013 08:04 PM

They represent new life, new beginnings and hope to me personally.