JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Spiritual Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/)
-   -   Swimming (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/2662441-swimming.html)

Carwen*Angel June 30th, 2013 06:48 AM

Swimming

Do you enjoy swimming? Do you take your LOs? What are your local swimming facilities like?

Earthy.Mama June 30th, 2013 07:43 AM

Re: Swimming

I love swimming but I'm not as good as I used to be at it. I fear drowning like non other so I'm very paranoid of the girls around water, but we go to the river quite often.

We just have a lot of poisonous snakes around though :( One went by us the other day (copperhead) and when Josh and I were floating last week we stopped for lunch and a water moccasin was 3inches from Josh's face. LOL!

plan4fate June 30th, 2013 09:51 AM

Do you enjoy swimming? Do you take your LOs? What are your local swimming facilities like?

Yes

Yup, he's a water baby

Our apartment has a small salt water pool in the fitness center, so we just go there. I have no idea what the city offers for pools other than 2 in summer 2 in winter. LOL

Amaranth Dhanya June 30th, 2013 10:42 AM

Not a fan. Don't mind sitting in or goofing in water but that would require a swimming suit being on me and I don't do that lol.

Kids haven't been. Connor jumps in but can't swim, Avery and Devinn fear water.
Last time we were near a pool was three years ago.

TreeTog June 30th, 2013 01:50 PM

I like swimming. Ryan likes it. Liam prefers the sand. David will swim a little bit.

Leslie

Mitra Shonu June 30th, 2013 02:15 PM

I like floating and meandering around on my back...I don't like to dip my head under...I hate water in my face.

Kids like to play in the pool, but only 2 of them know how to swim..the other two haven't learned yet.

We have several public pools, but I seriously don't like them...they are soooo crowded, and they have so much chlorine in them my eyeballs burn just walking into the place, let alone getting in the pool.

Kiam June 30th, 2013 07:36 PM

I used to compete when I was a teenager.

LO will be having swim lessons, it's non-negotiable to me (in saying that, swimming lessons are also part of the basic primary school curriculum here, and most high schools also have mandatory swimming lessons). Living in a country with such a beach culture it's a life skill.

We have quite a few pools around us, most are only small and only open in summer, but there are a few bigger ones a little further out which are open all year round.

Carwen*Angel July 1st, 2013 11:06 AM

I'm not fond and never have been. Water / drowning is a big fear of mine.

Daniel goes with his dad, though. He really likes it.

Mountain~Mama July 1st, 2013 04:34 PM

I like the water but I'm not much of a swimmer. I like to wade though! My girls love to swim and are getting pretty good at it. We have a nice pool in the town over and also some nice lakes to swim in. The ocean here is pretty cold so we usually don't go there until late in the summer.

BriarRose July 2nd, 2013 06:47 AM

I love to swim. No kids yet, just me and the hubs. We have a pool at my gym I do laps at, and during the summer we frequent the water park and local lake. I love swimming in the ocean best however.