JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Spiritual Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/)
-   -   Positive Thought vs Negative Thought (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/2662720-positive-thought-vs-negative-thought.html)

Carwen*Angel July 1st, 2013 11:08 AM

Positive Thought vs Negative Thought

What are your top tips for positive thinking in the face of negative or fearful thoughts you can't help?

A friend asked me for some advice today around this area and I didn't have all that many answers other than thinking about happy memories or saying/thinking/writing affirmations. I just wondered if any of you could add anything.

Sacred Silence July 1st, 2013 12:36 PM

Re: Positive Thought vs Negative Thought

I acknowledge the negative thought. I sit with it for just a moment. And, then I very consciously let it go and begin to focus on the positive.. I remind myself that my life is moving in perfection at every moment and even in this challenging situation, there is a lesson or gift. I do some breathing exercises and then some affirmations. xo

Amaranth Dhanya July 1st, 2013 04:21 PM

I kinda have a dualness to myself that I tap into. You probably have heard me talk this way too lol....

I acknowledge the negative, realizing it's normal and ok to feel it.
But then I open up my core and realize at the end of it all I'm ok and it's all gonna work out. My core sustains the positive for me even while my "surface" self feels the negative.

Mountain~Mama July 1st, 2013 04:29 PM

One visualization I've tried using is instead of pushing the negative thoughts deeper in my brain to light them on fire in my head and let the smoke carry them away. I don't want them stuck in my head I want them to dissipate into the air.

It's hard for me, the negative seems to want to hover and haunt me but I'm trying to fight them off and not let fear destroy me.

TreeTog July 1st, 2013 05:12 PM

You have to have negative to have positive. You also have to remember your inner strength.

You have to accept the negative and own it. Then you can cleanse it out of your life. It will take action and motivation to move past negativity.

Leslie

BriarRose July 2nd, 2013 06:41 AM

I acknowledge the thought, then I try to turn around the negative thought. I work it through my mind slowly until I can turn the thought to a better feeling place. It may not be positive but it is not as harsh as it was.

Carwen*Angel July 2nd, 2013 07:35 AM

Such wise words there and what a collection of ideas to pass on. Thank you so much ladies. :)

Earthy.Mama July 2nd, 2013 06:03 PM

Like the others, acknowledge, release it and then affirmations of "I know this will pass", "Everything is ok".... tell myself what I'm grateful for. I'll also tell myself a positive thought or two for each negative thought. I really follow my intuition on this.

A visualization I do is grasp the "feeling" (in my gut) and thought "from my head) and visualize pushing it into the ground to ground it out and get rid of it, then I smile and think of something nice :)