JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Spiritual Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/)
-   -   Summer QQOTD 7/3 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f83-spiritual-living/2663260-summer-qqotd-7-3-a.html)

Carwen*Angel July 3rd, 2013 08:47 AM

Summer QQOTD 7/3

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...7664b21353.jpg

To what extent do you think this is true...how much do we create our own reality and how much does life just happen to us, in your opinion?

Sacred Silence July 3rd, 2013 09:06 AM

Re: Summer QQOTD 7/3

Our experience and world is LARGELY influenced through the lenses we use to view it.
What we look for, we find. Do I think things happen that we do not expect, absolutely! How we deal with them, how they turn out.. well, that's where our perspective comes into play. I will illustrate with a bad example.

Two people have exactly the same thing happen. Each woman breaks the heel of her shoe. To one woman, it's TERRIBLE! OH MY GOD, my SHOE broke.. this day stinks! I can't believe this happened to me!!!! To the other, it's like okay.. my shoe broke. I'll run to the store and get a new pair before heading to my meeting. I can easily repair this situation. Same occurrence, different perspective = different experience. xo

oceanwaves July 3rd, 2013 09:40 AM

I completely agree that we make our own reality. I have my whole life as proof. Last summer we wanted to go down to Texas but were a bit short of money due to trying to pay off DH's student loan. But I went with the attitude of money will flow and I would rather have fun then worry. We got down to Texas as his 90 year old grandmother had decided to distribute her legacy now, and gave us a check for $13K! Needless to say we paid for the trip, paid the student loan off, paid off our cc debt and put a chunk towards our car loan.

Carwen*Angel July 3rd, 2013 11:29 AM

I believe the same. Thought creates reality, so think positive. A lot of our happiness depends to some extent on the "spin" we put on things. :)

-LovingLife- July 3rd, 2013 12:23 PM

I also believe that our thoughts create our world around us/experiences. I do not think anyone can impose their reality on mine, if it seems that way it's because I opted into co-creating that reality with that individual.

Another quote on the same thread of thought here: "Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right." -Henry Ford

Amaranth Dhanya July 3rd, 2013 03:15 PM

I have to agree too. Thoughts make reality.

For some reason I'm picturing the game "telephone" in my head.

Kiam July 3rd, 2013 05:03 PM

What's the game telephone? I haven't hard of that one.

I agree with what has already been said. We make so many decisions, either intentionally or unintentionally through our actions that we effect most of what goes on around us.

I think of my Dad as a good example, my Dad is a very argumentative person, he likes to bicker and he will pick at you until you start arguing with him over the most ridiculous things (one I remember from when I was a teenager was the existence of avocado sushi rolls, he argued with me for hours saying that these did not exist, so that level of ridiculous things, it's referenced a fair bit between my Mum, brother and I now, whenever he is doing something unreasonable and it is upsetting one of us we just smile and say "Don't worry, we'll go out and have some avocado sushi").
Anyway, I used to bite back and as a result our entire relationship was arguing over silly things, eventually I was just tired of it and I decided not to respond to him, so, of course, one cannot argue with themselves.
I eventually realised that if I wanted the situation to change, I could only control me, no I wasn't the one doing anything wrong, but I can still change my reaction. We haven't had a fight in about 5 years, I stopped responding, so he stopped trying because he knew that it was pointless.

Bella Nyxe July 4th, 2013 01:22 PM

I think we choose our own paths.

MidnightMaiden July 4th, 2013 08:12 PM

I pretty much agree with what all of you ladies have said :D

stucklikeglue July 5th, 2013 11:33 AM

I second the agreement to what everyone said :)