JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Baby Activities (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2579502-baby-activities.html)

Cassie.S October 1st, 2012 08:40 AM

Baby Activities

As I'm getting closer to becoming a SAHM, I've been thinking about what I will do once Sophia is here. I don't have any friends with kids in my current town, so I know I would like to eventually join a mommy group. I also would like to find some mommy & me type of classes to take her to. But my question is, at what age did you start taking your baby out to these type of things? Any suggestions of things you did with your baby?

*Kiliki* October 1st, 2012 08:46 AM

Re: Baby Activities

i never did anything like that...but with helena i did buy a mommy/baby exercise dvd that we did together...she used to love it! and it helped me get in shape (at the time before things went downhill for me) it was nice to have and kept me busy and her entertained LOL....walks are always good....

i:heart:you October 1st, 2012 09:40 AM

I've taken my kids to mommy n me swim classes as early as 6 months.

*Kiliki* October 1st, 2012 10:05 AM

ohh yeah swim classes are a good idea!! wish i would have done that with Helena! that would have been so nice!

stresswife October 1st, 2012 12:43 PM

I know in my area they have mommy and me classes as early as 3 months and then gym classes at 6 months, I've been meaning to join a mommy group but I just haven't yet.

youngwoman October 1st, 2012 12:52 PM

I worked for the first couple years, so Leah & I didn't do any Mommy & Me classes until she was 2 - we did a dance class (several times!) and a gymnastics class. We've been doing library storytime for forever too - there are always moms w/ infants at ours. You can check your local YMCA too, there might be something!

WidgetMommy October 1st, 2012 01:23 PM

I never did any Mommy and Me classes either. I don't even think they had anything like that in my area then. I took DD everywhere I went from day one. I used to put her in the stroller and walk everywhere.

joonzgurl October 1st, 2012 02:18 PM

It depends on what the groups are geared for. I went to a baby group each week that was specifically for kids 1 and under. There was a different topic each week.

As for "activities" most things are ok for 6 months+... but honestly it is only now that Avery (13 months) is getting much out of things.

TheOnlyPink October 2nd, 2012 02:34 AM

I went to my mommy group when harry was 5 weeks old. I went for me. He cried alot and i needed human interaction! i kept him in his moby and he snoozed the entire time. he still is a bit too young for it, but i need it.

baby massage classes are suitable from birth if its something you are interested in? I know in my area, baby yoga and baby pilates classes are very popular. they are recommended for babies who can support their heads but arent mobile, so depending on sophia, you could go when she is about 3 months.
you could also join a stroller walking group, you can do that as soon as you feel able after the birth.

Cassie.S October 2nd, 2012 06:32 AM

Thanks for all the great ideas! :)

*Kiliki* October 4th, 2012 07:16 AM

fantastic ideas all!! hope you figure out something to do with the baby Cassie!! i think its so important just for you to get out of the house and do something!!