JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Let's talk about lunch! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2580461-lets-talk-about-lunch.html)

WidgetMommy October 3rd, 2012 10:53 AM

Let's talk about lunch!

What did you eat for lunch today?
If you have kids in school, do they take or buy their lunch?
What did your kids eat for lunch today?

Feel free to add any other yummy lunch ideas. Perhaps we can help each other get out of the rut of eating the same things all the time.

WidgetMommy October 3rd, 2012 10:58 AM

Re: Let's talk about lunch!

Here are my answers.

What did you eat for lunch today? I had an eggsalad sandwhich, some baby carrots and chips.
If you have kids in school, do they take or buy their lunch? Picky eater, she takes most of the time. She may buy 1-3 times a week by the end of the year once she decides she wants to try stuff.
What did your kids eat for lunch today? 1/2 blueberry bagel with peanut butter, I think she took a pudding, grapes and a small bag of walnuts. I have three baskets of stuff she can put in her lunchbox. She picks 3 and I leave it up to her as long as she doesn't have more then one "junk" item like pudding or cookies.

stresswife October 3rd, 2012 11:12 AM

I'm about to make a turkey burger with some broccoli and ranch

mom2more October 3rd, 2012 12:01 PM

I had leftover Southwestern Salad I made for dinner the other night for lunch today.

In my kids lunches today I used their thermoses. I made mac and cheese and added some green beans into it. Then I put it into their thermoses so it will stay warm for lunch for them. Then I cut up kiwi's and put that into little containers so it doesn't get smushed and put that in their lunch. Then they each got a dessert type item. One got chips, one got mini-muffins, and sd wanted pretzels, she's trying to watch her weight now that she is in high school.

My little guy had a few bites of my southwestern salad with me and he also ate some jello and a few bites of a banana.

youngwoman October 3rd, 2012 03:48 PM

I eat a lot of leftovers. Today was leftover BBQ pulled pork and a side salad.

Leah is homeschooled and her lunch was bread w/ butter (she's been a little under the weather). Normally she eats PB&J, grilled cheese, or ham/turkey/cheese & crackers.

*Kiliki* October 3rd, 2012 04:11 PM

went out to village inn had the country fried steak skillet..yummy

acupofjoe October 4th, 2012 01:04 AM

What did you eat for lunch today? I had a couple bites of white rice, lol. We really really need to get groceries but I dont get paid until Friday.
If you have kids in school, do they take or buy their lunch? Raleigh is in pm K so she eats lunch at home but she has a snack at school every day.
What did your kids eat for lunch today? The older two had sunbutter on bread, its like pb for kids that have allergies. I ran out of jam so only sunbutter today. Baby had a jar of peaches and some of the crust off of her sisters sandwich.

Babymakes8 October 4th, 2012 04:13 AM

We ate out at the Olive Garden yesterday. It was delicious, but pasta's really do NOT agree with me.

The kids buy their lunch at school.

Cassie.S October 4th, 2012 08:16 AM

Yesterday for lunch I had a spinach salad with chicken and veggies. Not sure what I'll have today. This is one thing I'm actually going to miss about work. The cafeteria! It's so easy to get something for lunch. I don't know what I'll do for lunches once I'm home. Probably lots of leftovers.

*Kiliki* October 4th, 2012 08:21 AM

so coming back to this thread sometime i need new ideas for myself for lunch!!! LOL

what is everyone doing today for lunch?

joonzgurl October 4th, 2012 09:01 AM

Well I will tell you yesterday. I had Annie's organic macaroni and some tomato. Avery had some macaroni, beans and tomato. Not that she ate any of the tomato!!

Amaranth Dhanya October 4th, 2012 10:32 AM

Havent had lunch yet today but Ill have leftover pizza and the boys will have pb&j sandwiches...its what they always want. If they ever desire a difference its mayo instead of jam on their pb sandwich.

My oldest usually takes lunch but this past week he's had school lunch. Next week we'll resume him taking lunch except on Friday when he indulges in the schools "pizza Friday".
Although my middle son goes to Kindergarten he doesnt have to be there til after lunchtime so he eats at home.

My kids LOVE pb&j sandwiches its all they ever really want for lunch although my oldest does enjoy a yogurt with it sometimes(if I have yogurt).

i:heart:you October 4th, 2012 03:39 PM

I had chicken and veggies, it was left over chinese food. I usually let Lily buy school lunch so she can sit with her friend, who has a severe peanut alllergy so if you bring your own lunch you can't sit with her.

acupofjoe October 4th, 2012 11:59 PM

Today for lunch I had egg salad sandwich and some baby carrots. I also had ice water with it. The older two kids had yogurt, apple and muffins and the baby had two jars of baby food, some puffs and some yogurt melts.