JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   As a SAHM: Activities vs. Staying Home (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2580846-sahm-activities-vs-staying-home.html)

joonzgurl October 4th, 2012 07:52 AM

As a SAHM: Activities vs. Staying Home

How "active" are you? Are you the type of SAHM that just loves to be home and working on the house/hobbies, etc, or do you have to be out and about as much as possible, going to playdates and such?

Or are you somewhere in the middle?

stresswife October 4th, 2012 07:58 AM

Re: As a SAHM: Activities vs. Staying Home

we stay home alot, if we go out its to walk around the mall or get groceries or visit the in laws.

mom2more October 4th, 2012 08:10 AM

I like to be home a lot during the day with my little guy so he gets his naps in and I can get things done around the house. We do go for walks and to the park and stuff. But we run around enough when my older kids get home. They are all in sports and activities that we go to.

Amaranth Dhanya October 4th, 2012 09:29 AM

I prefer staying at home. I dont need to be out and about much.

I do have the occasional need to go out and about but thats a need to do that with friends LOL.

Buggymom October 4th, 2012 09:35 AM

I like to be home. We do have soccer on Thursday nights and that is busy enough for me. This month were running a little bit more because they are doing a reading program Wednesday nights for kindergarteners and 1st graders at her school. Next week they are doing a special night of games about rhyming on Thursday....we will be there from 5-6 and then go right to soccer afterward.

WidgetMommy October 4th, 2012 09:55 AM

I like to be home. If I am going somewhere during the week when DD is at school, I prefer to not be gone the entire time. A couple times a month, I do this to run a bunch of errands at once. Those days are always so tiring, but it just seems easier to do it all at once. I also dislike doing much of anything during the week after school. I feel that I'm rushing around like a crazy person from 4-8pm the way it is with homework and dinner and everything.

TheOnlyPink October 4th, 2012 10:19 AM

I think i am somewhere in the middle. I do like to go out and about a few times a week. I feel good when i am busy. And i find that a few busy days makes me appreciate the calmer days at home. This week i have been at home alot and i am feeling very bored and lonely.

*Kiliki* October 4th, 2012 10:45 AM

im kinda in the middle i guess just depends on the day/my mood...there are some days where i just wanna be home doing house stuff or yard work..and other times i just want to get out of the house for the entire day

i:heart:you October 4th, 2012 01:35 PM

I'm in the middle as well, I like to be home during the day for Tommy to take his naps but Lily is also involved in some after school things so that keeps me running around.

joonzgurl October 4th, 2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOnlyPink (Post 26611008)
I think i am somewhere in the middle. I do like to go out and about a few times a week. I feel good when i am busy. And i find that a few busy days makes me appreciate the calmer days at home. This week i have been at home alot and i am feeling very bored and lonely.

This is pretty much me exactly. I love to be home, but I find that after a few days I like to get out. Makes me appreciate the days at home more.

youngwoman October 4th, 2012 07:00 PM

I, too, am somewhere in the middle. We usually go somewhere 2-3 days per week (grocery shopping/errands, library storytime, park/playdate), which is nice and breaks up the time. But I do like having those couple days where there's nowhere we have to be, we're laidback, I can catch up on chores, etc.

Dizzi October 4th, 2012 08:39 PM

I'm another one that's somewhat in the middle. I don't NEED to get out EVERY day but I like to. If I have something to do at home like a craft I'm working on or even something like a book I'm reading or a show I'm catching up on, I can go a few days without going anywhere and not have any problem with it lol But if there isn't anything to do around the house (besides clean) I will usually find something to do elsewhere. Usually it's nothing exciting, though. A walk to the park, a trip to the store, etc. I don't have any playgroups around me that I know of or I'd probably join one!

IronMamma October 4th, 2012 11:10 PM

I am a super home body. I love to be home, I love to clean my house and cook. I also like to go out and what I mean by that is like Walmart for shopping or the park. :giggle: Boring huh?! :D

joonzgurl October 5th, 2012 11:59 AM

Those of you who like to stay home, do you ever have playdates come to you?

Eowyn October 5th, 2012 12:47 PM

I have spans of time where I like to be out a lot with the kids and other spans of time where I get into a 'dig in' kind of mode and just want to be home working on things around the house/yard. I'd say we're somewhere in the middle.
During the week DH works and we only have one car-which he has until evening time. So spring through autumn I am out often with the kids around town because we live within easy walking distance of parks, library, shops, go fishing or hiking etc etc .

But larger outings are usually restricted to the weekend when DH and the car are available and we often go to visit family who is out of town after church on sunday and spend the day.
We have local friends who we get together with for play dates from time to time but definitely inside and at home a lot more during the winter. During the winter months it's hard to get out with the little ones very far without a car-but we still do go regularly to the library because its very close and easy to go even in lots of snow and they have lot of activities I can take the kids to there.

WidgetMommy October 5th, 2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joonzgurl (Post 26616203)
Those of you who like to stay home, do you ever have playdates come to you?

DD plays with some of the kids on our street. I only have 1 friend that has kids anywhere near her age and they don't live nearby.

moonstonemama October 5th, 2012 06:00 PM

We're somewhere in the middle. Van is homeschooled so we make sure we are home enough for lessons & school work but his favorite place is the library. We also spend a lot of time at the park, the local museums, Sea World or any other free activities we can find & he plays with the neighborhood kids. He also does kung fu 4 days a week. & we spend almost all of dad's days off out & about.

rachelmama October 5th, 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngwoman (Post 26613346)
I, too, am somewhere in the middle. We usually go somewhere 2-3 days per week (grocery shopping/errands, library storytime, park/playdate), which is nice and breaks up the time. But I do like having those couple days where there's nowhere we have to be, we're laidback, I can catch up on chores, etc.

^This

bribugg13 October 6th, 2012 04:38 PM

I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle, and it totally depends on the day. Most days I'm good being a homebody, but I know Connor needs more interaction than that! I enjoy doing things for him, like Kindermusik and playdates. I don't count running errands, but if we really need to get out and about, there's always Target! lol :D