JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Slow cooker recipes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2584831-slow-cooker-recipes.html)

mom2more October 15th, 2012 11:05 AM

Slow cooker recipes

I LOVE using my crock-pot to cook!! And I need some new recipes. Wanna share some of your faves?

A friend of mine just made this one the other day and loved it...so I am planning on making it tomorrow and serving it with rice and carrots.

A Year of Slow Cooking: Honey Garlic Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe

joonzgurl October 15th, 2012 11:30 AM

Re: Slow cooker recipes

I love love love love love love my slow cooker. Did I mention I love my slow cooker? I think they are the best thing ever.

I love this rib recipe: Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe - Allrecipes.com

There are others, I will post some more when I have time. But seriously. Make those ribs. You will never try another rib recipe again.

*Kiliki* October 15th, 2012 11:32 AM

book marked both of those!!!

mom2more October 15th, 2012 11:43 AM

I am going to have to try those ribs!! Sound yummy!!

TheOnlyPink October 15th, 2012 12:16 PM

I love using my slow cooker, but find the recipes are very hit or miss.

I'm making this: Clean Eating Recipes | Clean Eating Slow Cooker Cinnamon Chicken
Tomorrow night cos I will be busy all day. I'm not sure how it will turn out!

MidgeMadge October 15th, 2012 01:48 PM

One of my favorites, and SO EASY.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat Recipe - Food.com - 4957

We serve on on whole wheat torillas with lettuce, cheese and sour cream.

Cassie.S October 15th, 2012 03:35 PM

Ooh good thread! I need more crock pot recipes.

Here's my fave:

Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe from Betty Crocker

*Kiliki* October 17th, 2012 06:05 AM

ohh yummy!! keep these coming!! lots of new ideas i have now!!! specially since im trying to figure out something for dinner tonight still!

TerriLF October 17th, 2012 03:25 PM

I'm making the chicken taco meat tonight. I have some chicken I need to cook before it goes bad and this will be great to make and freeze. Thanks!!!

rachelmama October 17th, 2012 04:05 PM

I made this for dinner tonight:

Slow Cooker Beef Stew I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

mom2more October 17th, 2012 08:20 PM

I love seeing all these recipes! I made that honey garlic chicken the other night. I thought it was okay. Hubby really liked it and the kids ate it up.

acupofjoe October 17th, 2012 10:02 PM

Tomorrow I am making meatballs in Orange glaze..so orange meatballs? LOL I will be making the meatballs with hamburger meat, crushed up crackers and egg then throw those in the crock and cover with some orange sauce.

*Kiliki* October 18th, 2012 05:31 AM

ohhh that sounds good...how do you make the orange sauce???? and do you serve it with like rice??? i got a lb of hamburger meat that i have been trying to figure out what to do with!!!!

LoveMySonshine October 18th, 2012 06:55 AM

I made this the other night. SO GOOD. I didn't have sesame seeds, so I used one Tbsp of oil and one Tbsp of sesame oil.
Six Sisters' Stuff: Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe

I have chicken soup in the slow cooker now.

mom2more October 18th, 2012 11:40 AM

We LOVE sesame chicken and I have sesame oil because I bought it for another recipe a while ago. So I am for sure trying this recipe!! Thanks for sharing.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, the recipe I used the sesame oil in it was:
Crock Pot Asian Pork with Mushrooms | Skinnytaste
Turned out delicious! Actually everything on Skinnytaste.com I have made has turned out delicious!!

acupofjoe October 18th, 2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Kiliki* (Post 26666673)
ohhh that sounds good...how do you make the orange sauce???? and do you serve it with like rice??? i got a lb of hamburger meat that i have been trying to figure out what to do with!!!!

Ha, no I dont make it. I am to lazy for that today..I just buy a bottle of panda express orange chicken sauce from costco (panda sells it to!) and I dump it on top. I will be serving it with brown rice and some veggie..maby brussel sprouts since I have some I need to use up here soon before they spoil.

mom2more October 22nd, 2012 10:27 PM

I use that orange sauce too! I use it on frozen popcorn chicken. I just bake the chicken as directed and a few minutes before its done I toss the sauce on it. I also make some stir fry veggies to go with it and toss a little orange sauce on them. And then I mix it all with some rice and have my own cheap chinese dinner type creation!

*Kiliki* October 23rd, 2012 04:35 AM

anyone got an easy slow cooker chili recipe?

WidgetMommy October 23rd, 2012 09:42 AM

Man I wish I didnt live with such picky eaters. Some of this stuff sounds yummy. I am going to look for a recipie for french onion soup in the crockpot. I have a ton of onions to use up since I am the only one who will touch them. I have been saving containers to freeze soups if anyone has any suggestions.

i:heart:you October 24th, 2012 10:30 AM

I'm going to sticky this thread so we have it in one place, whenever you try a new one, add it here. :)