JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Getting to Know you-Challenge 4 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2587139-getting-to-know-you-challenge-4-a.html)

*Kiliki* October 21st, 2012 07:06 PM

Getting to Know you-Challenge 4

so for this challenge everyone who participates will get 5 points....

this challenge will stay in this thread :)

so the challenge is to keep this thread going all week long....you may not post back to back...you must post a question asking something general and the next person will answer it and ask their own question! so this is just a have fun get to know you type of challenge...

the last person to post before midnight the 31st will receive an extra 5 points

so i will start off with the first question....

do you wear glasses? if so how long have you had them?

stresswife October 21st, 2012 07:17 PM

Re: Getting to Know you-Challenge 4

yes, since I was in 3rd grade

when you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

Amaranth Dhanya October 21st, 2012 07:24 PM

Grade school teacher and childrens book author.

What was the food you hated the most as a child that your mom insisted you eat?

Babymakes8 October 21st, 2012 07:26 PM

Peas. I love them now, but absolutely hated them as a kid!

What is one thing you hope to experience with your children?

WidgetMommy October 22nd, 2012 05:23 AM

I want to be able to teach her to cook, bake, sew that sort of stuff. My mom was not the type to be interested to much when I was a kid. I actually remember her throwing away a shirt with a missing button! My grandmother died before I was old enough to really remember doing things like that with her. Well I remember doing stuff but I don't think I learned anything.
What color/ decor is your bedroom?

*Kiliki* October 22nd, 2012 05:25 AM

i really do not have a set decor for my room....but its a green/gray color with sageish green curtains

do you own or rent your house/apartment?

Carwen*Angel October 22nd, 2012 07:06 AM

Can I play this even though I didn't sign up for the challenge?

Neither - we live with my mum currently.
Would you rather live in the country or city and in which do you currently live?

Amaranth Dhanya October 22nd, 2012 07:33 AM

City and its not a huge city so Im fine here. I dont like HUGE cities or full on country living either LOL.

Whats your middle name and do you prefer it over your first?

*Kiliki* October 22nd, 2012 07:42 AM

my middle name is Steffen it is my grandmas maiden name (my dads mom she passed away when i was 14) i like it i used to hate it but as i have gotten older it has more meaning to it to me than it did when i was a kid....i dont prefer it over my first name though

do you have any siblings? brothers? sisters? ages? names? what rank are you in the order of siblings?

Babymakes8 October 22nd, 2012 08:39 AM

I'm the oldest of 7 but third child of nine. LOL I'm the oldest to my parents by birth, but they divorced and both remarried. Together they had my brother and me. Mom had 3 children after my brother and I, and my step dad had 2 children older than me. My dad remarried and had 2 more children with my step mom. So my siblings and I are 37, 35, me 33, 32, 30, 29, 27, 17, and 13.

Have you ever had to give up something that you didn't want to give up?

LittleGirl+TwinBoys October 22nd, 2012 08:53 AM

Yes, I had to give up my sports in high school cause of an injuried knee while playing in the 1st softball game of the season...

Have you ever thought to yourself or out loud how you would have liked to of started your family earlier or later then you did?

joonzgurl October 22nd, 2012 10:09 AM

I go both ways with this question. Sometimes I wish I had started a bit earlier because I think I want a 3 year gap between my children, and I would like 4. But that would put me at almost 40 having my last... so that probably won't work. Just never met DH soon enough.

On the other hand I wish sometimes we had waited longer. We got married in July and I was pregnant my November. Sometimes I wish we had waited a bit longer and enjoyed being married first, perhaps taken a holiday or something.

How did you choose your kids' names?

TreeTog October 22nd, 2012 04:36 PM

Ryan is named after Goddess Rhiannon. Liam is named after my father William.

Have you been to a Disney park? If so which one? If not, why not?

Leslie

i:heart:you October 22nd, 2012 04:52 PM

Yes!!! My favorite vacation place, I've been to all of them! My favorite is Magic Kingdom.

Before you were married how many kids did you think you wanted? Did that change after you were married?

FamilyShorty October 22nd, 2012 05:17 PM

I thought I maybe wanted 3 or 4. DH wanted 2. After having our first I decided 2 sounded good.

How old were you when you got married? Have you ever been divorced?

WidgetMommy October 22nd, 2012 07:11 PM

I was 25 when I got married. I had a huge fear of getting married to young and growing up and growing apart. I was 17 when I started dating Dh.

What was your wedding like?

mom2more October 22nd, 2012 10:25 PM

My wedding was traditional. Catholic church ceremony and then reception hall. I LOVED our reception place, it had such beautiful landscaping outside which made for great pictures!

Anyone have a non-traditional wedding?

*Kiliki* October 23rd, 2012 05:42 AM

not really this is how mine was....we got married by my uncle outside....the only thing we paid for was the licence and my dress (80 bucks) LOL....dh wanted to surprise me with a catholic wedding while he was still in kuwait...hahahaha...but then he realized we would need to take classes...and knowing that would just not work out for me...he said nope...whew! hahaha they wouldn't have married us anyways...i am not catholic...nor would i agree to a religious wedding period...so yeah...we just had friends and family there and a few random guys from the base in their bdu's to show up cause i guess they thought showing up at my wedding (it was held on base on the parade grounds dh was military) would excuse them from going to work for an hour or so LOL....some of them i didn't even know! hahaha....but whatever i didn't care...ummmm lets see raianna was 6 months old at our wedding so i guess that isn't traditional? haha

anyways lol

okay next person! tell us about your wedding! or if you are not married tell us about hwo you want your wedding to be!

joonzgurl October 23rd, 2012 07:41 AM

My wedding was in the only church in our town. We had about 180 guests for the supper and probably 200 for the dance. Since I am from 1200 miles away, and the closest hotels are 30-40 minutes drive from here, we put a lot of my family and friends up in borrowed travel trailers in the campground. We had roast beef supper and chicken in mushroom sauce. It was July 10, 2010. I spent too much on my dress- wish I had spent less. My mother walked me down the aisle. My father didn't come to my wedding because of his relationship with my mom. My brother caughter the garter belt (weird) and my best friend and bridesmaid caught the boquet. My colours were royal blue and yellow. My mother wanted to do an "ocean meets the prairies" theme for the blue and yellow since I am from the coast but I thought that was tacky. Now I think it might have been kind of cool. It was a lovely day but I can't help but look back and feel like it wasn't quite what I wanted.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7078/7...cec06e8453.jpg
DSC_1136 by joonzgurl, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7072/7...ce9a40f688.jpg
DSC_2613 by joonzgurl, on Flickr

Do you like the snow?

WidgetMommy October 23rd, 2012 09:35 AM

I think snow can be pretty to look at. Unless I have to shovel it or go out in it. Then I hate it.

Tell us one unusual fact about yourself or your Dh.