JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Those with school age children (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2626608-those-school-age-children.html)

~mommy~ February 18th, 2013 05:58 AM

Those with school age children

Are they on break this week? Do you have anything planned?

MidgeMadge February 18th, 2013 06:11 AM

Re: Those with school age children

Yep! Winter recess this week.

We have no big plans. My husband is taking his first business trip ever :( (Tuesday early evening-Friday) and kiddo and I are just going to have a relaxing week. Lots of playing, some baking, etc. Nothing big.

Amaranth Dhanya February 18th, 2013 06:24 AM

The boys have today off for Presidents Day but we have no plans.

TreeTog February 18th, 2013 07:03 AM

Ryan is off for Presidents Day, but he goes back tomorrow. Spring Break is in 3 weeks.

Leslie

MidgeMadge February 18th, 2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDRW (Post 27105906)
Ryan is off for Presidents Day, but he goes back tomorrow. Spring Break is in 3 weeks.

Leslie

We get a spring break, too... but we also get a week in February for "winter recess". I think it tends to be a northeast thing, if I'm correct.

mom2more February 18th, 2013 11:03 AM

We are only off today. Their spring break is closer to Easter. I am trying to see if we can do an indoor waterpark or something for like 2 days during the kids spring break. There is one not too far of a drive from us.

*Kiliki* February 18th, 2013 11:16 AM

they had friday off and today...and looks like we might be having a snow day or two thursday/friday we are supposed to get hit with 8-19 inches of snow LOL

UniqueHandle February 18th, 2013 12:44 PM

We just have today off for Prez day. My girls and I went grocery shopping and this evening my DD16's boyfriend is coming over for dinner. We're having pancakes. So weird. :)

RinkMom February 18th, 2013 06:04 PM

We had Friday and today off and I was at two different hockey tournaments. DD and I were away Thurs-Sun for hers and DS(8) had one today. I am exhausted.

Our week long break is something like March 9-15.

WidgetMommy February 18th, 2013 06:16 PM

She had a long weekend. Friday-Monday off. We didn't do anything special. I was planning on letting her do some of her more involved craft items she got for Christmas but we just didn't get to it.

Buggymom February 18th, 2013 06:17 PM

We were off presidents day and Friday was a teacher in service day.

SaraSmiles February 18th, 2013 06:59 PM

My kids had a four day weekend. They were off friday and monday and now back to school they go! Im doing a secret happy dance about that one lol I sure can use a little break. Joshua is giving me a run for my money the past few days .

~mommy~ February 19th, 2013 01:38 AM

Mine are off for the week....well not my nephew, different school district he'll be out Wednesday.
I took all of mine to the mall today, got the boys haircuts they all (3) look so handsome. Tomorrow ds1 has an orthodontist appt. I'm going to have to take them all (6) with me. :wacko: Wish me luck. :D

Momof4Boyz February 19th, 2013 08:40 AM

No, we had Friday off for "rodeo day" but just a normal week this week! We get spring break next month though.

Carwen*Angel February 20th, 2013 08:58 AM

Daniel was off last week. We had a few days/afternoons out and got some jobs done. We also did some baking and made a model planetarium with a kit he got for Christmas.

Lemon February 20th, 2013 10:39 AM

Nope :)
Spring Break is in late March.

mom2xander February 21st, 2013 09:31 AM

Nope, no February break here, because Spring Break is usually late March. There is an October break and then Christmas break.