JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Think About It Thursday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2632595-think-about-thursday.html)

LindsayMom09 March 7th, 2013 08:16 AM

Think About It Thursday

If you had a sister who was unable to naturally have children of her own, would you be a surrogate for her? Why or why not?

mom2more March 7th, 2013 08:18 AM

Re: Think About It Thursday

No. I couldn't give birth and just hand over the baby. I would be too attached.

Amaranth Dhanya March 7th, 2013 08:34 AM

My sister asked me about doing that for her like 12 yrs ago and I said I would. I wasnt married or dating or anything else at that time. I would have been a bit sad at letting go I suppose but I could still see the baby and be spoiling Aunt Hillarie to it so that would have helped and been fine.

However, it wasnt necessary. She did fine on her own...just ask her 6 daughters! LOL

Nowadays if I was asked...no. Im fixed and staying that way.

RinkMom March 7th, 2013 08:59 AM

No, I would not be able to do it. I become too attached while pregnant. Of course, the last couple of pregnancies, I couldn't get past the second trimester so I would not be able to help anyone now.

Cassie.S March 7th, 2013 09:01 AM

I would. My sister is my best friend and I'd do anything (reasonable) for her. I don't think I'd have a hard time giving her the baby since the baby would be hers, so I don't think I'd feel like I was giving away something that was mine.

*Kiliki* March 7th, 2013 11:23 AM

I would totally do it!! I have actually tried convincing my dh to let me be a surrogate...to anyone LOL...he does not want me to do it at all :( makes me sad....but if the day ever came within the next 5 years I would totally do it (not getting any younger here would not want to be pregnant after 40 with anyones child)

bcogoli March 7th, 2013 11:44 AM

I would love to do that. However i dont have easy pregnancies so i doubt she would want me to.

RobinX02 March 7th, 2013 12:22 PM

I would like to think I could... But I am no 100% sure so best answer is probably no, I couldnt do it.

MidgeMadge March 7th, 2013 03:03 PM

I don't have a sister, so it doesn't matter. But yes, I absolutely would. I would for my sister in law/s if I were asked. That said, I had a complicated pregnancy (pre e and bedrest) but I'm healthier now, so I'm wondering if I wouldn't have the same issues.

I have zero desire to have another baby of our own, ever. (that's why DH is snipped) so I would be OK (emotionally) handing the baby over.

stresswife March 7th, 2013 03:41 PM

I really don't know, I have no sisters.. but If I did and we were close and there was no other way, then probably.

UniqueHandle March 7th, 2013 05:00 PM

I wouldn't be able to do it now because I have had my tubes tied, my girl parts electrocuted and now I am going through menopause. My factory is CLOSED.

However, years ago my gay BFF asked me if I would carry a baby for him. I thought about it but in the end he decided to get gastric bypass instead. :)

Momof4Boyz March 7th, 2013 05:48 PM

Yes, as long as I was just purely a surrogate (her eggs or donor eggs) absolutely I would. I just couldn't donate my own goods to her, or anyone, I'm selfish like that :P

acupofjoe March 7th, 2013 06:34 PM

Oh for sure if it was before I had my kids or if I had only had two of them. Its something I have always always wanted to do but I ended up with Csection and now cant plus I dont want to be pregnant a 5th time! Yikes

AmiraX4 March 8th, 2013 01:10 PM

I think the thought behind it is very nice, however i would NOT do it. For anyone. Its against my religion.

joonzgurl March 9th, 2013 03:00 PM

No, I don't think I could. I also have a gay best friend since we were in 8th grade. He has asked if i would carry a child for him before. I just couldn't do it.

LindsayMom09 March 9th, 2013 06:17 PM

It's good to see so many different opinions on this. It's something I have been thinking about for some time now.

I don't have a sister, so it doesn't matter for me either, but I absolutely would do it for my sister in a heartbeat if I had one. It would be hard to hand the baby over and I know in my heart I would always pine for it a little, but I would settle for being it's Auntie and that would be fine for me. :)

Amira, I don't want you to feel like I am calling you out or anything, I am just genuinely interested and it's okay if you don't want to get into it, but why is surrogacy against your religion?? I'm not sure I've ever heard that before so I'm just curious.

Tiffany8620 March 13th, 2013 08:41 AM

I"m unsure. I don't know that I could have a baby grow inside of me and then give it to someone else. I get very attached during pregnancy. If I could do it for anyone, it would be a family member.