JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Missing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2634399-missing.html)

joonzgurl March 13th, 2013 09:36 AM

Missing

What do you miss most about your pre-baby life?

AmiraX4 March 13th, 2013 09:52 AM

Re: Missing

Sleep, eating without sharing, watching a movie with no interruptions!

stresswife March 13th, 2013 10:12 AM

more time for DTD lol.. but we haven't changed much of what we do since having Audrey, we still go out to eat, and have a date night and go do fun things, now we just take her. maybe not having to change diapers!? lol

Amaranth Dhanya March 13th, 2013 10:36 AM

My sanity.

WidgetMommy March 13th, 2013 10:55 AM

Lack of responsibility. I miss being able to just pick up and go and not worry about anything. Now I have to take into account homework, bedtimes, if its a school night, be back by the time she gets home from school, etc.

*Kiliki* March 13th, 2013 11:11 AM

lol I didn't have much of a life pre-baby....I graduated in May of 1999...did some partying and was pregnant in March of 2000 (18 years old)....that quickly ended what little "party life" I had haha....I do however think of what me and dh missed out on having kids so quickly and young....we never had much time for just the two of us before baby

bcogoli March 13th, 2013 11:52 AM

I didnt really have a pre baby life, i was 20 and in college when i got pregnant with my first. I actually spent my 21st birthday in the hospital in labor. I think i would have enjoyed going out with friends for drinks and such.

Tiffany8620 March 13th, 2013 11:57 AM

Sleep, going out with my husband without kids, alone time in general.

UniqueHandle March 13th, 2013 01:03 PM

I also had my first at 20... and I am pretty much a free spirit, my kids don't hold me back from doing anything I want to do (marriage does that)... the only thing I can think of is going to the bathroom without someone talking to me through the door.

acupofjoe March 13th, 2013 02:09 PM

We had our first so young maby I dont know what I am missing?? Maby that is a good thing, lol. Idk I guess not having to wake up in the middle of the night??? I used to sleep like the dead but now I wake up all the time and am such a light sleeper even if the kids dont wake up just because I can never sleep.

TheOnlyPink March 13th, 2013 02:34 PM

I can hardly remember what it was like! lol! I was 20 when i got pregnant with jake so didnt have much time to be young free and single! I was in college and working all the time!

I miss being able to do what I want whenever I want tho.

TreeTog March 13th, 2013 05:00 PM

Sleep and sex!

Leslie

RinkMom March 13th, 2013 05:59 PM

My waist.

*Kiliki* March 13th, 2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcogoli (Post 27192132)
I didnt really have a pre baby life, i was 20 and in college when i got pregnant with my first. I actually spent my 21st birthday in the hospital in labor. I think i would have enjoyed going out with friends for drinks and such.

lol I was pregnant on my 21st birthday...not in labor...but pregnant...with my second though

Quote:

Originally Posted by acupofjoe (Post 27192779)
We had our first so young maby I dont know what I am missing?? Maby that is a good thing, lol. Idk I guess not having to wake up in the middle of the night??? I used to sleep like the dead but now I wake up all the time and am such a light sleeper even if the kids dont wake up just because I can never sleep.

LOL the brief time before I had kids I never went to bed before 4am hahaha! ahhh to be 17 again....not...I like my 9-10pm bedtime LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by RinkMom (Post 27193500)
My waist.

and I never had one of these til now (thank you exercise lol...I was 30lbs+ heavier in high school than I was after baby/now)....so I never missed that.....

joonzgurl March 13th, 2013 07:44 PM

I miss having more time for just me and DH.

MidgeMadge March 14th, 2013 03:30 AM

Sleep, being able to do things a lot more spur of the moment, more trips.

youngwoman March 14th, 2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joonzgurl (Post 27193834)
I miss having more time for just me and DH.

:ditto:

Momof4Boyz March 14th, 2013 04:46 AM

Sleep. I don't think I've slept through the night in 11 years!

And I have the bags under my eyes to prove it!

i:heart:you March 14th, 2013 10:08 AM

Definitely sleep!!! And being able to leave the house without getting 3 people dressed, making sure faces are washed, teeth are brushed because all that is a hassle, it takes us forever to leave. I used to be able to just go whenever I wanted to..

jersey_gray March 15th, 2013 09:10 AM

I miss the figure I had when I was sixteen :)