JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   When being a SAHM isn't fun.......... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2635027-when-being-sahm-isnt-fun.html)

jersey_gray March 15th, 2013 09:08 AM

When being a SAHM isn't fun..........

the kids were/are sick and now mom and dad are getting the bug. Ugh!

AmiraX4 March 15th, 2013 09:38 AM

Re: When being a SAHM isn't fun..........

uuuggg...that really isnt any fun!! hope you and your family feel better soon!!!!

*Kiliki* March 15th, 2013 09:46 AM

so true!!! and add the fact as mom you still do everything in the house no matter how you feel and the hubs gets to lay in bed all day when he is sick! ugh! hope you all start to feel better soon!!!

bcogoli March 15th, 2013 02:19 PM

Kiliki that is so true! I am a wimp and i call my mom for back up when were all sick.

~mommy~ March 15th, 2013 03:22 PM

Sorry, I had a lot of experience to add to this topic, (sadly, this isn't even half of it) most of it's gross and I don't mean to hijack.
With that disclaimer, proceed with caution. :D or :sneak:

My dh is great about helping. Just before we moved into this house we were disagreeing about flooring. Dh wanted carpet, because it's warmer, softer, gentler to the falling dc. I wanted wood, easier to clean. Just after we moved in one of our dc in an effort to make it to the bathroom vomited red all through the front hall. As dh and I are hands and knees cleaning it up, I start laughing and say to him "I just want to take this moment to point out hard wood floors" Dh joined me in laughter and conceded my point. :p
OMG!!! We had the stomach flu come through the house twice in December. The first time dh was one of the 1st ones down my sis and I handled clean up (11 people in the house, 7 are dc) til we were inevitably taken out. The 2nd one, we had company so there were 16 of us :eek: this one was worse. I was one of the 1st taken out this time, dh and my sis handled clean up. That one skipped him and dd3 thankfully, it was MUCH meaner. I was physically ill for 4 hours straight. My poor mom fainted and banged her head really bad.
Possibly worse than that though was when I was home alone with my 5 (at the time dc) dd2 was ill in her crib one night then the next night I was awakened with it. Not to be gross, but while my head is in the toilet I hear one of my sons (ds3) wake up and the unmistakable sound of vomit hitting the floor. What made it so awful was that, of course he's calling "Mommy" and I couldn't go to him :cry: in between my own wretches I was calling to him that it's ok and I'll be there soon. I was finally able to crawl through the house to him. Got him settled a couple of hours go by, I'm back in the bathroom and the same thing happens with my ds2 :cry: Oh it was awful. I was just stripping beds throwing the sheets in a pile and giving them blankets to curl up in. :lol: