JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Future Plans (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2635624-future-plans.html)

joonzgurl March 18th, 2013 06:42 AM

Future Plans

What are your plans for the future? (ie when all your children are in school, or grown, etc?)

Are you hoping to be a housewife even when you are an empty nester?

Momof4Boyz March 18th, 2013 07:14 AM

Re: Future Plans

I had always thought once the kids were off to school I'd be a working girl but then my husband and I were talking about this one night because he had mentioned that his co-workers wife is a housewife and their kids are all in school and I thought that was odd but then he made a good point - what kind of job am I going to get that let's me work 8-2 and and take as much time off as I need when the kids get sick or have field trips or need to go to the doctor or dentist? None lol. So I don't really know what I'll do!

WidgetMommy March 18th, 2013 07:21 AM

I only have one and she is in second grade now. Last year we bought our "forever house" and have been working on renovating it as money allows. This spring I will be putting in a decent size garden and adding to it in the future. Next spring, we will be getting chickens for eggs. I would like to raise meat chickens eventually. I hope to continue to down that path in the future by picking up skills to do more for ourselves now that I have more time with DD in school.

When she graduates, this house will be about paid off and I am open to finding a smaller house with MUCH more land when she moves out. We will have to see how things go over the years. That will be very dependent on my DH's health.

I have never been very career oriented. I consider myself more a housewife then a sahm now since I am free from 730-330 every school day. I am not opposed to having some sort of home business in the future, but I hope to always be a housewife/sahm.

Amaranth Dhanya March 18th, 2013 07:56 AM

I hope I have a small business of my own going or something fun part-time.
I hope I dont have to work full-time cuz Id like to be free to do fun traveling or visiting grandbabies or whatnot.

*Kiliki* March 18th, 2013 02:21 PM

I would love to travel!!!! hopefully by the time helena is out of school dh will be retired and we can travel!!!!! :)

rachelmama March 18th, 2013 05:08 PM

I would love to go to back to work when my kids are out of the house. I have my degree in accounting and used to be a CPA, so I would like to go back to doing that.

TreeTog March 18th, 2013 05:54 PM

I plan to return to work once Liam is in school full-time in 2.5 years. I would like to work while my kids are in school and save on daycare costs. I am not sure how all that will work out. My husband currently works 2 hours north of our home and has a rotating schedule. We only have one car.

Leslie

stresswife March 18th, 2013 08:16 PM

I want to be doing photography full time, that way I can schedule my shoots around Audrey's activities and such, with DH being gone so much I want to always have someone there for her games or recitals or whatever

youngwoman March 19th, 2013 05:21 AM

I am not very career-minded, so I would be perfectly happy to continue being at home once DD is grown. I could potentially see myself volunteering somewhere - I'd like to get involved with animal rescue at some point - or DH & I might enjoy traveling as well.

Buggymom March 19th, 2013 06:39 AM

I would love to be able to spend time with my hubby and travel. It would also be nice to take my daughter and her family (when she has one....way way way in the future) on vacations. Hopefully we will have the money for all of this when that time comes. I really hope to be a grandparent one day and help my daughter out with her children.

UniqueHandle March 19th, 2013 07:27 AM

When all the kids are gone (grown or in college) DH will be very close to retirement age. We are going to buy a rock-star RV and travel to all the Hockey Stadiums in the US and Canada... then we are going to hit the baseball stadiums.

rancherandcitygal March 19th, 2013 04:10 PM

I never planned on being a full time SAHM once the kids are school age. I would go bonkers! Right now we are actually talking about switching roles. I am pursuing applications for my job and he would then be at home and start up his massage therapy again.