JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Are Outdoor duties a SAHM's responsibilty? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2644460-outdoor-duties-sahms-responsibilty.html)

AmiraX4 April 19th, 2013 09:16 AM

Are Outdoor duties a SAHM's responsibilty?

Does your Dh/Partner keep up with the yard and outside duties? or do you feel that you can take on that challenge as well?

Amaranth Dhanya April 19th, 2013 09:24 AM

Re: Are Outdoor duties a SAHM's responsibilty?

We live in an apartment so dont have to worry.
However, when we lived in a home we both did things. I dont mind mowing but weeding and edging and other stuff I cant stand cuz of my allergy attacks.

WidgetMommy April 19th, 2013 09:39 AM

It is shared here but not equally. He does most of it and I help out here or there. When we put our garden in, most of that is my area.

Momof4Boyz April 19th, 2013 10:10 AM

Neither of us really do anything with the yard, I will go out and pick up trash that blows in but that's about it. We pay the neighbors son to cut the grass and aside from that there isn't much to do with it. I do keep the back patio trimmed and that's just a job I've taken on because I'm the one who takes the kids out to play during the day and I don't like it being overgrown.

TreeTog April 19th, 2013 12:36 PM

David does yard work. I am allergic to grass.

Leslie

*Kiliki* April 19th, 2013 01:03 PM

it falls mainly to me to do the majority of it....dh mows and plows...but that is because we have a riding lawn mower so that is easy for him to do.....but with his bad back/hip/leg....there isn't much else he can do really....he helps when he can....

RinkMom April 19th, 2013 01:12 PM

DH mows and does the snow blowing. The rest is up to me -- I enjoy it for the most part (except cleaning dog poop).

*Kiliki* April 19th, 2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RinkMom (Post 27299953)
DH mows and does the snow blowing. The rest is up to me -- I enjoy it for the most part (except cleaning dog poop).

my kids are on dog poop duty HAHAHA

IronMamma April 19th, 2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDRW (Post 27299875)
David does yard work. I am allergic to grass.

That's so funny, my DH is David also and I am too allergic to grass. Well, when it's cut. It makes me have to sneeze so bad.

But, we also live in an apartment and we do not have to worry about that but when we did live in our house we both did it. I really enjoy doing outside work.

stresswife April 20th, 2013 06:25 AM

DH does the yard work but I help

3OhioBoys April 20th, 2013 11:52 AM

DH mows and I tend the flower beds. We both do equal parts in the veggie beds.

LindsayMom09 April 22nd, 2013 10:59 AM

Richard does all the yard work, thankfully! I have never mowed our lawn :p He doesn't mind doing it though so it works okay.

Pretty Crispy April 22nd, 2013 11:54 AM

DH does all the yard work as far as mowing, weedwacking, and snow removal. I do the gardening and weeding etc. I have actually never used a lawn mower in my life.

RobinX02 April 22nd, 2013 05:51 PM

He does everything outside.. I may from time to time pull weeds or something but he usually takes care of it all

birdblue April 22nd, 2013 10:39 PM

We share ourdoor stuff. Once it's warm out we like to spend a lot of time in the yard.

mrsb1029 April 25th, 2013 04:38 PM

My Dh does most of it. I will help if I can, but he does most. After we move and I start my garden that will be my area.