JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   do you or have you ever.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2646176-do-you-have-you-ever.html)

*Kiliki* April 26th, 2013 08:34 AM

do you or have you ever....

visited another forum besides JM?? Like CafeMom or babycenter or anything like that? If so which ones???

I go to cafemom under guest just to read some of the ridiculousness there LMAO....I have been on babycenter before and was part of another forum that closed down a long time ago.....I was an admin at one before too...but I got tired of doing all the admin duties and just closed it LOL

AmiraX4 April 26th, 2013 08:59 AM

Re: do you or have you ever....

I am not part of any other forums. I am finding it hard to keep afloat here on JM!! But im not on the computer alot. I come on JM or read some news online and sometimes look for a recipe. Boring I know. loool.

youngwoman April 26th, 2013 11:00 AM

I visit and sometimes post on a couple Disney vacation planning boards. I used to be a mod on a Friends TV show fan board YEARS ago. I tried visiting babycenter back when I was preggo or Leah was a newborn and I hated the layout of it. JM is so much more organized, I think.

Amaranth Dhanya April 26th, 2013 04:54 PM

I go to CafeMom but am thinking of closing my account there as its gotten slow and dull.
Of course there is Facebook and there are 2 other mommy boards I visit and have visited since my first two were in my belly.

And I recently joined a board for young widows.

stresswife April 26th, 2013 04:58 PM

I was on ivillage for a long time, found it when I first started dating DH , first board was for spouses of those who travel, then I was on a Not Quite Engaged board, waiting for my proposal lol.I'm still friends with several of those ladies on FB and two of them actually had babies in Feb too.. I joined the DDC there but they totally changed the layout of the whole site and I hated it, that's when I joined JM.

IronMamma April 27th, 2013 12:01 AM

I have read CafeMom from time to time, but I am not a fan at all. I am also an owner of a Mommy site, it's not that active. I have kinda shyed away from it for some time. Maybe one day I will pick it up again.

feythful April 28th, 2013 12:53 PM

I was part of a natural mothering forum (I will refrain from mentioning them, because they were jerks and don't deserve even the bad publicity). I left because despite my desire to breastfeed, when I asked for help because of my breast reduction, I had women tell me I was an idiot for messing with my breasts while knowing I wanted to have kids in the future. Then I was guilted for getting the flu vaccine while I was pregnant, which I only did because I was teaching 184 kids and was hoping to stay flu free. (which I did that year) And finally, I was chewed out for allowing the nurses to push formula on me. That was it. So I left.

MidgeMadge April 29th, 2013 04:50 AM

I'm on the bump, too. The SAHM and one and done board.
I was part of a group when I was pregnant with Alexis, but I don't post there anymore. I'm still friends with a bunch of them and have 'e, on FB.

RinkMom April 29th, 2013 08:10 AM

I was very active on Babyzone before coming to JM. Our DDC group from my 07 son are still together on FB.

I was also on a now defunct board with DD in 2001. I also am a member of a couple of baby loss sites on other boards.