JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Your Health.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2653009-your-health.html)

*Kiliki* May 23rd, 2013 03:14 PM

Your Health....

what do you do to keep yourself healthy?
what do you do when you do get sick?

I know as a SAHM we think of ourselves last....we need to think about ourselves more!! So what I do is try to exercise every day, take a multivitamin, eat right. I have been learning to go to the dr more for things instead of just suffering through whatever it is I am suffering through (if its something more major than a cold anyways) If I do get sick I try to dope myself up with meds because a mom cannot really rest!! But I know I should just stop and take a breather, and have dh help out more if he can...and he has been good about it lately when I have been sick....

RobinX02 May 23rd, 2013 03:21 PM

Re: Your Health....

Right now I am working out almost every day and taking Shakeology for nutrition/vitamins. I am also trying to eat better but sometimes its a losing game..

When I am sick if its something I could take medicine for, then I will.. If its a stomach bug, I just try to stay hydrated and eat what I can and keep trucking on the best I can.

Amaranth Dhanya May 23rd, 2013 03:37 PM

I dont do anything to keep myself healthy per se.
If I feel sick I take whatever medicine I think will help.

feythful May 23rd, 2013 04:35 PM

I tend to stay out of places that are germ-heavy or use wipes and washing my hands to reduce contact. I ALWAYS wipe down the handle of the car at the grocery store before I start my shopping trip. :yuck:

I try to drink a lot of water and take my vitamins.

When I feel myself getting sick I generally start taking elderberry, garlic and sometimes zync to try to hold it off. I generally avoid medicine unless it gets really bad. Unfortunately for me, I tend to get bronchitis every time I get a cold.

bcogoli May 24th, 2013 03:57 AM

I eat lots of fruit and vegetables and i move alot.

When im sick i sometimes take medicine depending on how sick i am.

MidgeMadge May 24th, 2013 05:18 AM

I've lost 31 pounds since January, so I've been doing lots to stay healthy. Tons of fruits and veggies, all whole grains, lean proteins, veggie/fruit smoothies. About 75% clean diet, and 25% processed. I feel great. My BP has gone from high (130/90) to an average of 117/76 or so. Never felt better.

I take a daily women's multivitamin, too. And when I feel sick (I recently had a sinus infection that kicked my butt) my husband is super awesome about helping.

Buggymom May 24th, 2013 06:05 AM

I try to walk everyday. I try to make healthier choices on eating but it can be really hard.

As far as being sick....I try to drink as much water as I can and lay around as much as I can.

AmiraX4 May 24th, 2013 08:34 AM

I am totally with you fethyful on the cleaniness things especially the grocery cart!! wiping the basket part is just as important as people put raw meats and the juices can leak out and then onto our produce and cross contaminate.

I always take the B vitamins, vit D and sometimes as needed a few others. Our family for the most part do not eat processed foods. I make most things by scratch. My children very rarely eat fastfood but on that rare occasion when they do they do/we dont eat anything meat related. Its just fish or fries.

We buy our meat from a specialized local butcher and not from any grocery stores. We try to buy organic when we can especially fruits and veg. Eating good quality honey to us is very important and I also believe in eating lots of garlic as a natural antibiotic to stay healthy.

Keeping active is important but at times is hard for me because of back and neck issues. Trying to keep stress low, and that is my biggest challenge. Theres so many key factors in keeping healthy.

I do take meds as well.