JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Face washing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2674983-face-washing.html)

joonzgurl August 26th, 2013 06:13 PM

Face washing

I know a lot of you have older kids... but just think back to when your kids were younger.

What did/do you use to wash their faces after they eat and are dirty? We have a stack of kids' cloths beside the sink and use those.

It makes me cringe when we are at my MIL's or she is here... and she uses our/her disgusting dirty dish rag to do it! You know, the one that wipes counters and messes all day.

Am I being weird about this? Did/do any of you just use your dish rag?

CrunchyMommaTo2 August 26th, 2013 06:36 PM

Um eww! We use a clean cloth everytime. Either a wash cloth or baby wipe

Orangebrittainy August 26th, 2013 07:38 PM

Re: Face washing

We have a big stack of wash rags in the bathroom, and a basket that is only for towels/rags. I have never even thought to use anything out the kitchen for that.

TheOnlyPink August 27th, 2013 04:53 AM

Good god, thats revoulting! We use baby wipes most of the time, they get a wash with warm water, soap and flannel in the morning, but for messes and sticky faces during the day its just a baby wipe.

*Kiliki* August 27th, 2013 06:10 AM

ewww never would I use a USED dish cloth...gross...I always used either a fresh baby wipe or a wet paper towel or a clean wet towel...and i only ever used it once and into the laundry it went...

Cassie.S August 28th, 2013 08:50 AM

Gross! I use a wet paper towel.

TreeTog August 28th, 2013 11:38 AM

I use a paper towel, napkin, or baby wipe to clean faces in my house.

Leslie

stresswife August 28th, 2013 05:17 PM

I use a paper towel.

AmiraX4 August 29th, 2013 01:11 PM

OMG!!! I would never think about using a kitchen sink rag!! that is sooo full of germs and who knows what!!! you are totally right in your thinking!!!!

All my kids their faces on their own even my 3 yr old and its immediate after eating ect..and its with water and sometimes soap. They and I use our clean washed hands to wash our faces with!

mom2more September 5th, 2013 12:15 PM

Ick!! No you are not being weird...that is just gross and germ filled!!

I don't use baby wipes to wipe my little ones face unless we are out somewhere. At home I will use a wet paper towel....or just soap and water at the sink when I wash his hands.

i:heart:you September 5th, 2013 04:47 PM

Totally gross!! I typically use a clean wash cloth or in a pinch a wipe or wet paper towel.