JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   We're moving across country!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2678665-were-moving-across-country.html)

LvMyLaxKid September 13th, 2013 07:11 AM

We're moving across country!!!

So, my DH and I moved away from home in 1996. We lived in Atlanta for 11 yrs, and have been living in Virginia since 2007. Being away from family has been hard, especially since we had Parker. He only sees his family every 6 mo, and only for about a week at a time. They basically see him grow up through pictures. :(

Well, my DH applied for a job near our home (Spokane, WA) in Pullman, working for WSU. He had his first interview in June, and it took ALL summer to go through the process of hiring. (State job for ya......) We found out last night that they want to hire him!!!! :D So, in about a month, we'll be moving from Virginia, back to Washington- HOME!! We'll be about 90 min away from all of our family, but that's better than clear across country! For the past 17 years, we've always taken our vacations to Spokane, to see family. Now that we'll be living there, we can actually go somewhere else for our vacations now! Parker has already said he wants to see the Grand Canyon. LOL

I've checked the schools in Pullman, and they're some of the best in the state. They all rank 8s, and the school he's at now ranks a 5. (and we love it there!) So, we're pretty excited. This is a HUGE thing for us, and we couldn't be happier! Oh, and our family is ecstatic!

Anyone live in Eastern Washington??

UncetainMommy September 13th, 2013 08:25 AM

Re: We're moving across country!!!

I used to live in Western Washington. Most of my family lives there, the rest is in Montana, North and South Dakota, while I live in Arkansas. I miss it sometimes, I'll admit I'm a wee bit envious of your good luck here. Have fun with the move!

TreeTog September 13th, 2013 09:03 AM

Good Luck! Safe travels!

Leslie

Amaranth Dhanya September 13th, 2013 09:32 AM

I have a bil and his family that way(he's military).
I was born in Spokane lol.

Im glad you'll get to be closer to your family. Safe travels!

*Kiliki* September 13th, 2013 09:46 AM

that is awesome!!!! :)

MidgeMadge September 14th, 2013 02:46 AM

I live across the country ;) But yay! I'm glad you get to be near family again.

acupofjoe September 14th, 2013 02:51 AM

How awesome! We also live in WA! :)

joonzgurl September 17th, 2013 07:19 AM

That's awesome!!! I would be so happy to live near my family again.

I don't live in washington, but we have a cabin in northern idaho that is only about 1 hour from spokane and we vacation there often.

Cassie.S September 18th, 2013 01:26 PM

How exciting! Good luck with the move!

youngwoman September 19th, 2013 05:35 AM

Exciting! Good luck and safe travels!

LvMyLaxKid September 19th, 2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joonzgurl (Post 27660598)
That's awesome!!! I would be so happy to live near my family again.

I don't live in washington, but we have a cabin in northern idaho that is only about 1 hour from spokane and we vacation there often.

What part of Idaho? We go to Sandpoint quite a bit when we visit Spokane.