JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stay At Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/)
-   -   Grandparents (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f110-stay-home-mommies/2680617-grandparents.html)

acupofjoe September 22nd, 2013 12:31 PM

Grandparents

Are you close to your parents? How about the inlaws? Do they ever take the kids for alone time and for you to get a break?

Pretty Crispy September 22nd, 2013 01:39 PM

I am pretty close to my mom and in laws. We haven't allowed anyone to watch L yet and won't for a long time yet.

*Kiliki* September 22nd, 2013 02:20 PM

Re: Grandparents

we all get along...dh's parents would take the kids in a heartbeat if they lived close by! but they live on the east coast..so we don't see them often...but when we do they always take them for a night and me and dh go out :) my parents on the other hand live about 1.5hours away and rarely does she take them for anything.....actually she has taken them more now since we moved (3 years ago) than she ever did when we lived 5mins away :/ but since we live far away when she does take them its usually for a couple of days LOL...so thats kinda nice :)

stresswife September 22nd, 2013 06:37 PM

I'm really close with my mom, I talk to her twice a day, if we lived near her she'd see Audrey everyday probably but we live almost 5 hours apart.
we're close with the in laws and they will watch her anytime I need and the last few months they keep her overnight one night each time DH is at work so I get a break, and they always keep her when we have date night.

acupofjoe September 23rd, 2013 02:25 AM

Not close to my parents although my father says he is coming back to this state sometime next year so we will see if we can build a relationship. We dont see the inlaws that often but I would say at least once a month? I would like to keep it that way, lol. Both the inlaws and my mother live some what close to us. Inlaws are about half hour away and my mother is about ten minutes away now.

joonzgurl September 23rd, 2013 01:09 PM

I am close to my mom emotionally, but unfortunately she lives 18 hours away :(
She would take my kids though whenever I asked for sure.

My in laws live next door and they are so helpful and supportive. Any time that DH and I want to go out, or I need a break, they will take Avery. They did not start watching her until she was over 1 year though, I just hung on. It made me uncomfortable (and she never took a bottle). They take her overnight once in a while but not too often.

TreeTog September 23rd, 2013 04:14 PM

My parents are deceased. My MIL lives about 10 minutes from and my FIL livces thousands of miles away. My MIL confuses my kids allergies up and she smokes in her bed.

Leslie

Amaranth Dhanya September 23rd, 2013 05:28 PM

Im close to my mom. She lives five hours away so we see her once or twice a year for a day or two.
My dad is too busy with his wife(aka troll) to get to know his grandsons. He's never met my boys. Makes me sad cuz dad and I were always close but he made his choice. We talk via email and phone call at holidays, that's about it.

My late husband lost his mom to cancer in 1998 so I never knew her. His father was never in his life(but we found out he died of cancer in 2004).

So basically my mom is it, grandparent-wise.

Cassie.S September 25th, 2013 07:26 AM

I'm very close with my mom and since she moved to the same city as me we get to spend more time together. I get a long just fine with my dad but we don't have that close of a relationship. We butted heads a lot during my teen years. Our whole family is very close, though. I also get along just fine with my in-laws but don't have that close personal relationship with them that I do with my family. But they're great with Sophia and if she would let us leave her with anyone they would love to watch her. Hopefully soon.