JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   Autopsy Results (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/1538572-autopsy-results.html)

1angel1earthangel April 27th, 2009 09:39 PM

Autopsy Results

We meet with our doctor today and I have re-read the autopsy report many times. Anatomically everything was intact no evidence of malformation of body or of vital organs, he was small for his gestational age (I was 32 weeks pregnant but his size was of 26 weeks gestation cause of intrauterine growth retardation unknown). The final diagnosis is that Santiago mostly likely died from consequences of maternal GBS infection, the infection was noted on the placenta not on him. It's unknown how it reached him, the other thing is that there wasn't a lot of amniotic fluid. The way I'm digesting all of this information is that his protective shell, the placenta, was being destroyed by the GBS infection not allowing it to function properly, thus, the small size and the minimal amount of fluid which I think lead to his death.

Either way, it doesn't make a huge different as to how we feel about our loss but it gives me hope that the outcome doesn't rule out us trying to have more babies in the future.

Did any of you have GBS infections linked to the loss of your babies?

claire1979 April 27th, 2009 11:26 PM

Re: Autopsy Results

:dothug: hun i hope the meeting goes well and u get some answers.

lunarmagic April 28th, 2009 06:01 AM

Personally I did not... I am so sorry for your loss and having to deal with the autopsy results and everything. Reading my son's report kind of helped in a way... like you said, knowing that it didn't prevent us from trying again. But it's still hard. I hope you find someone who has dealt with GBS before.

liz bevan April 28th, 2009 07:20 PM

no our son died because of placenta failure

Matt's Mommy April 29th, 2009 06:02 PM

actually, i did. GBS caused chorio (sp) infection and I went into labor at 21 weeks. And like you they didnt note any infection getting to him only the placenta.

BakingMommy April 30th, 2009 02:53 PM

Aww, I'm so sorry. Answers are both upsetting and reassuring. I actually didn't read Roald's autopsy report. However, I am thinking of asking if I may just to sort of quell my deep inner worries.

~Laurie~ April 30th, 2009 04:12 PM

The cause of Eva's death is not known, although I was told there was no sign of infection. I did not consent to an autopsy.

dotcomkari May 1st, 2009 07:33 PM

They believe my Olivia died of unknown reasons. :( that is all the facts I got .. I kinda wish I knew why she had to leave.. I feel I was left with so many unknown questions ..I guess.. I will have to live with the fact she was just too beautiful for this earth