JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   >.< I'm high risk :( (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/1539492-im-high-risk.html)

BellaBellski April 28th, 2009 12:38 PM

>.< I'm high risk :(

My water broke. The day before yesterday, at 15w5d. Not completely, but enough to cause concern. I also lost a bit of the mucus plug & had cramping. I've seen my doctor and he put me on strict bed rest + sent me for an ultrasound. The u/s showed there's enough fluid for the baby, and he gave us an 80% chance the baby will make it. I'll have a follow up u/s on Thursday to make sure we're not losing fluid and then one every 2 months. I can't believe this is happening. :( I'm so frustrated.

eta...sorry I probably should have posted this in the subforum :S

rebeccabaltimore and more April 28th, 2009 12:47 PM

Re: >.< I'm high risk :(

I'm sorry you have to go through bedrest and all this worry. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Brittanie April 28th, 2009 01:04 PM

I read your thread in PAL. Oh honey, I'm praying for you! :dothug:

*~Lissa~* April 28th, 2009 01:06 PM

You are in my prayers sweetheart!

claire1979 April 28th, 2009 01:45 PM

oh no im praying everything turns out ok hun

lunarmagic April 28th, 2009 03:24 PM

Oh %#@ you've got to be kidding me! (not you - the universe) I'm SO sorry you're now dealing with a high risk situation.

LauraG April 28th, 2009 04:12 PM

I'm sorry you have to deal with bed rest and the high risk situation. Big :dothug: to you, you are in my thoughts!

SarahBethsMommy April 28th, 2009 05:59 PM

Oh no! Are you on BR at home or at the hospital?

I know many people who have had later term preemies who are doing fabulously wonderful now after having been on bedrest for months. I pray this is the case for you and your little one! Many prayers for you.

liz bevan April 28th, 2009 06:52 PM

you are in my thoughts and prayers

LaLaLa1 April 28th, 2009 11:00 PM

oh Tanya, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be praying that everything is alright with your baby.

:dothug:

BellaBellski April 29th, 2009 10:52 AM

Im at home, thankfully. I don't think they put you in the hosp until after 24 weeks here. The dr said there is nothing they can do until then. Even so my friend delivered at 26 weeks and the doctors said there was nothing they could do but 'let nature take it's course' .... too bad I live in a small town. Ugh :S it's scary. Hopefully this bean hangs on until full term!

I just know that it's a boy again, I'd bet anything on it. I'm gonna ask tomorrow, I'll only be 16w2d so I don't know if he'll tell me, but I'll ask!! I'm pretty sure though, considering we have our girls name picked and NO clue for a boys name, (mattea was opposite, damian the same) and I've had multiple dreams that it was a boy. I can't stand to lose another son :( :( Not that it would be easier to lose a girl, but you know what I'm saying.

heathernoel April 29th, 2009 11:15 AM

***hugs*******

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy April 29th, 2009 11:32 AM

what is going on with our group --- I am sorry hun that your water broke but glad they are watching you close!! STAY IN BED!

SarahBethsMommy April 29th, 2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaBellski (Post 15587714)
Im at home, thankfully. I don't think they put you in the hosp until after 24 weeks here. The dr said there is nothing they can do until then. Even so my friend delivered at 26 weeks and the doctors said there was nothing they could do but 'let nature take it's course' .... too bad I live in a small town. Ugh :S it's scary. Hopefully this bean hangs on until full term!

Ack, are you kidding me? 26 weeks?! Tons of children live perfectly healthy lives after being born at 26 weeks. More and more now can go on to live healthy lives being born at 24 weeks. It certainly isn't at all easy, but it's possible. I can't believe any doctor would say such a horrible thing like that! I pray that little one sticks in there until 38-40 weeks, but my goodness... I pray he/she gets the best medical care whenever he/she is born.

SimplyJenalee April 29th, 2009 03:47 PM

I will continue to keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers. :dothug:

BakingMommy April 30th, 2009 09:52 AM

Oh man. What's happening around here??? I hope everything is okay. I have known of lots of women with premature problems who have been on strict bedrest and still had a healthy baby. I can't imagine how I'd feel if this happened, especially after losing Roald. Hopefully your little baby will continue to be fine. I'd feel a heck of alot safer in the hospital, but I know they usually don't do that. This is just all you need, right??? I'm sooo sorry this is happening :(

BellaBellski April 30th, 2009 10:31 AM

I know!! It's crazy! hopefully things calm down soon, cause this is ridiculous!!

I have my follow up ultrasound today, I'm nervous, but excited. I'm sure it's going to be fine. I didn't get a chance to ask him the gender last time because the office was busy, I didn't want to be a pain. I might ask today....or just wait the 3 weeks, we'll seeeeee.

Thanks for all the support and t&ps. ♥ ♥