JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   NICU Graduates Reunion (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/1543931-nicu-graduates-reunion.html)

grlpisces May 1st, 2009 11:40 AM

NICU Graduates Reunion

The hospital where I had Noah and Julia is hosting a 1st Annual NICU Graduates Reunion on Saturday. It's going to be a fun-filled event with kids games, refreshments, and a chance to reunite with all the doctors and nurses who provided NICU care for the babies during their stay.

It's kinda funny that I'm really looking forward to this event, that despite the tragic reason Julia was forced to be born two months early, she is a happy and healthy (19 lb., 11 oz, 30 inches long!!) 9 month old with a smile on her face, a giggle in her heart, and a curiosity for life. I want to bring my baby back to all of those who played such an important role in her well-being and show them all what a terrific job they've done during the 4 weeks she was there. But most importantly, I want to be a part of the celebration of life.

While some of the babies might've stayed only a couple of days in NICU and others may have stayed months longer than Julia, I want to be a part of the festivities of all of those who DID survive thanks to the great care they received.

Just felt like sharing some happy news with my sisterhood :)

Brittanie May 1st, 2009 11:54 AM

Re: NICU Graduates Reunion

What a great thing. I'm so glad you want to go. I hope you have a great time. Take lots of pictures!

heathernoel May 1st, 2009 12:07 PM

We went to Summer's reunion, and it was really great to know that nurses remembered her, and were genuinely pleased at the fact that she was not just doing well, was excelling despite her cardiac defect.

Have a blast, Mommy!

SarahBethsMommy May 1st, 2009 12:16 PM

We went to SB's. It was so much fun to see our nurses, doctors and friends. The best part was to watch the kids play together. I would love to hear all about it!!

LauraG May 1st, 2009 03:21 PM

I hope you have a great time! Please let us know how it went. Is it a graduates reunion for a specific time frame? Like grads from 2000 and up?

grlpisces May 1st, 2009 04:45 PM

d'OH! I got a message on my voicemail saying that they had to cancel the reunion due to the swine flu. They rescheduled it to August 22nd.

Bummer for now, but am looking forward to it in the near future :)
I'll keep everyone posted.

LaLaLa1 May 1st, 2009 07:26 PM

I think that'll be such great thing to go to. Too bad the had to postpone it.

Such a great way to go say thanks to all the wonderful Dr's and nurses.