JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   Counseling *genetic* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/1562336-counseling-genetic.html)

heathernoel May 15th, 2009 10:56 AM

Counseling *genetic*

OMG!! Awesome. Turns out that Jonah had an autopsy (even though we didn't sign consent), but that's ok. We got some great news...all else was 'normal' with him. His chromosomes were normal, and after an extensive history, etc., she didn't see why we shouldn't try again............ Hope. During a week we are going to get ready for Jonah's funeral...hope.!

It's sadistically cool to read about his anatomy being otherwise normal. Normal ears...no cleft pallate, eyes typical of anencephaly, though not severe. "Male anatomy"...Joe grinned at this, being proud that his son was "hung like a horse" in his own words.

I'll crash from all this tomorrow, but for now, I have information on my son and our ability to try again.

liz bevan May 15th, 2009 11:00 AM

Re: Counseling

I will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

rebeccabaltimore and more May 15th, 2009 11:09 AM

I'm very relieved to hear that!

J_n_JsMommy May 15th, 2009 01:26 PM

So glad you have that hope to hang on to Heather. It is SO important to have SOMETHING to hope for and look forward to. The thought that you will get a chance at a beautiful screaming baby, sleepless nights, diaper explosions and spit up.....All the things that others complain about, are the things I most look forward to because that means a baby will be LIVING with us :) Praying for a bit of peace during this difficult time for you.

BakingMommy May 15th, 2009 04:28 PM

Re: Counseling *genetic*

That is GREAT, Heather!!!! I am so glad no one will be trying to put a hamper on your TTC again!!!!

~Laurie~ May 15th, 2009 07:09 PM

That's great, Heather! I am so happy for you.

lunarmagic May 15th, 2009 07:30 PM

Oh I'm so glad to hear this! Hope is wonderful. I know I really poured over Devin's autopsy and just smiled at all the normal things... the fact that he was male, his length, his weight, etc.

Jaidynsmum May 16th, 2009 01:08 PM

It's amazing how happy it makes you to find out that apart from the anencephaly, your child was perfectly normal. It gave me a warm feeling when we were told that ceilidh was a normal little girl apart from the defect that took her away from us.

When you decide to try again hun make sure you take a high dose of folic acid 3 months before TTC and for the first 3 months of any future pregnancy. High dose in the UK is 5mg (make sure it's MILLIgrams, not MICROgrams) but I know it varies in the US from 4 - 5mg.

xxx

heathernoel May 16th, 2009 01:49 PM

Yes ma'am...already am :) !!